Hello

Options
Hi,
I'm Portuguese but have relocated to the UK and it's becoming difficult to avoid overeating. I've always had some problems with weight but there are times when it's easier to deal with it, and not eat as much, but now I'm in a new town (Kettering), unemployed, no friends or family nearby except for my partner (who is extremely lazy) and it's getting harder to control. I do some freelance jobs in my home, so I'm in my living room looking at my kitchen all day long, thinking about what to eat next (eating for pure boredom and anxiety)...
However I'm trying to walk in the treadmill every weekday and started yoga so I've not gained much in the last few months (altough I'm very much over my ideal weight).
Thanks

Replies

• marypolanec
    Options
    Hi! I feel your pain! I work from home also and whenever I want to get up from my desk I go to the kitchen. Ugh!! This site has hepled me alot to be aware of what I'm eating. I've only been using it for almost a week now (consistently) and it's really pointed out to me when I'm at my weakest (evenings!). I do very well with breakfast and lunch, but around 3PM I go WAY off the schedule. Also, I live in South Dakota which is in the Northern end of the continental U.S., so we have had rain, snow and clouds almost 24/7. BLAH is how I feel most of the time! I used to live in Florida and never had a weight problem. Now I know why...the sun and warm temperatures! I was outside ALL the time.
    Anway, welcome to this web site. Good luck with your weight loss journey. Explore your new surroundings. That will help boost your energy and perhaps you'll make new friends too. :wink: ~Mary
  • Luna_Kali
    Options
    Thank you for the support.
    I completely agree that weather has a lot to do with it, I was in a sunny place where I was always out and about and now I'm closed in my home and when it's sunny outside i think: "Miracle" lol
    But we have to fight it, altough sometimes it's hard to resist, specially in the evenings when you're in the sofa just relaxing... But I will try this site out and I might get some sucess.
    Thanks and good luck for you too.