Any suggestions on an inexpensive HRM?

Options
I want to get one, but don't want to spend too much on it. I also don't want one that's too cheap and doesn't work well. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Replies

• snowbaby1492
    Options
    bump
  • crystal10584
    Options
    BUMP
  • ygrad2001
    ygrad2001 Posts: 230
    Options
    I found mine on ebay for 10.50 and the shipping was free. I love it so far.
  • ChristinaMarie85
    ChristinaMarie85 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    What does "BUMP" mean?
  • Caharleygirl
    Caharleygirl Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    me, too...
  • ChristinaMarie85
    Options
    I found mine on ebay for 10.50 and the shipping was free. I love it so far.

Thanks!
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Try searching through the message boards. There are hundreds of topics on HRM recommendations!
  • hitxgirl
    hitxgirl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar T31. I've had it a few years and really like it. It is a strap that goes around your chest and comes with a watch so you can use it outside.

Good luck!
  • ChristinaMarie85
    Options
    Try searching through the message boards. There are hundreds of topics on HRM recommendations!

Thanks, I'll start looking right now! lol
  • Larry1369
    Larry1369 Posts: 59
    Options
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003XSJL92

It's simple, the machines at the gym pick up on it, and you can just get a reading any time by holding the watch.

I like it.
  • jpeebs88
    jpeebs88 Posts: 81
    Options
    The 45 dollar one from walmart (with a chest strap) has worked well for me. I've had it about a month...
  • Caharleygirl
    Caharleygirl Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    bump means "bring up my post". People use it to mark something they are interested in but have nothing to say about it. That will keep it in their current topics same as if they had posted a comment.
  • ChristinaMarie85
    Options
    bump means "bring up my post". People use it to mark something they are interested in but have nothing to say about it. That will keep it in their current topics same as if they had posted a comment.

Thanks! I keep seeing it and wondering what it means. lol
  • secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    It may not be an issue of cost as much as an issue of function. If you're in a local gym a lot and want to get true readings on your calorie burn efforts, highly recommend getting a Polar HRM. It's the gold standard and communicates with just about all of the cardio equipment in the gym. If you're simply doing cardio on your own, I still would recommend Polar, but there are others that are out there (e.g. body bugg). Recommend checking ebay for HRMs. They always have plenty on sale.

God Bless!

Shawn