OMG how do you backtraCK when you reliase you ate 1000kcal O

Options
I decided to treat us all to PIzza Hut Home delivered... I ordered BBQ pizza and Warm cookie dough for dessert.......... I only had 3 slices (much less than my normal amount) and it straight away put me 1000kcal over my daily amount
Im gutted absolutley gutted as i never realised just how bad...and actually havnt had pizza hut since i started my Fitness Pal...

1000kcal over my daily limit :( how on earth do i backtrack from that?......... and no its not as easy as excersising it off as ive been out all day and my already sore back is really really sore :(
Hence i have such a low Calorie Intake suggested to me as my life style is sedentary......
i was so proud as lost 11lbs so far.and now........GRRRRRRRRRRRR
What should i do and what do you do when that happens?

Replies

• greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    You don't have to work it off today. Work it off over the next few days, exercise a bit more and eat just a bit less. That should put you back to a good weekly average
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Just get back on track tomorrow, it's really not as big of a deal as you are making it. Now you know for the future!
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Family-Guy-Puke-A-Thon-family-guy-2772560-513-386.gif

not srs.

thats why i plug things in before i eat them.
  • Waterdog1955
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over it is a good start. We all slip and backslide. Just get back on track tomorrow.
  • polkadotred
    Options
    Thankyou...well.ive been walking aLOT MORE and sort of upped what i do exxcersie way that way.
    Since havig my 3rd little girl i find myself restricted what excersie i can do as my back getsssss so sore. It has a pronounced dip in it and aches ALOT...i upped my excercise by walkin more and taxiing less....and now i fele like i've blown it this week.
    Do you think those extra 1000 kcals will show as *an increase* in the scales rather than a loss?
  • ygrad2001
    ygrad2001 Posts: 230
    Options
    Don't worry about it. It is just one day! Start fresh tomorrow. You are going to have those days once in awhile. Just try not to make it a habit.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Lesson learned and move on....
  • Seb83
    Seb83 Posts: 18
    Options
    Don't panic. I assume it was a treat as opposed to a daily thing, you won't wake up with all your lost weight back on. Just try and be a little more under your allowance the next couple of days or have a good session or two exercising.

A treat now and then isn't the end of the world, so long as it's just that; a treat.
  • sunshinel397
    Options
    This usually happens to me around T.O.M. I just ramp up the cardio a bit or allow one oops! day.
    Don't stress too much about it! Best of luck!
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day. Just get back on track. You won't gain all that back from one day of being 1000 over. It takes 3500 extra calories to gain a pound of fat (and that same amount deficit to lose).

If you know times like that will come up again, look up the info first and if you still insist on the pizza try and choose a healthier option.
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Yeah, pizza is horrible. I screw up every time I have it. Don't beat yourself up too badly over it, though. Just get some exercise in and remember this for next time. Personally I like to add things before I eat them and kind of give myself a little menu... I can have this and this, but not this. You know?

Don't worry, just get back up and keep on truckin'! :smile:
  • kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Just remember that it's one day. You can get back on track from this point forward. And avoid Pizza Hut from now on. (I actually try to avoid pizza altogether even though it's my favorite food).
  • redmenacenh
    redmenacenh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Don't Panic! And Don't let it derail you.....everything in Moderation. If you eat a little under the rest of the week, or exercise just slightly more...you will be fine. I find that having one high calorie day out of seven actually helps boost my weight loss and keeps my body guessing. Yay for losing 11 lbs! You're doing awesome!
  • Clonekuh
    Clonekuh Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Family-Guy-Puke-A-Thon-family-guy-2772560-513-386.gif

not srs.

thats why i plug things in before i eat them.

I lol'd.

Oh, also, one bad day isn't a huge deal. No worries.
  • vxmittyxv
    vxmittyxv Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    First, Don't beat yourself up over it. We all have those days. Start fresh tomorrow. As long as you are good the rest of the week you will be fine. Remember you have to overeat by 3500 calories to gain 1 pound. So you are fine, as long as you don't do it 3-4 time a week.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    extra exercise over the next few days and plenty of fluids, pizza WILL show up on the scale but its mainly due to high sodium...flush it out and forget out it, a lesson learned.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Learn from this lesson, that's what you do :smile:
    Now you know and next time you'll do better... not order it or eat less of it or whatever works for you!
    Drink lots of water today to flush out the extra sodium and help you feel less hungry at dinner. Try to eat lighter at dinner.... plenty of food, just lower calories. Maybe lots of veggies.
    Someone suggested working it off over the next few days. GREAT IDEA.
    :flowerforyou:
  • TekkyGeek
    TekkyGeek Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    As everyone else said just learn and move on. We're only human :)

The other thing to remember is that you don't necessarily digest and assimilate every calorie. Some does get passed through, depending on a variety of factors.

Sometimes you need a shock to get you back on track.

Good luck and stay strong!
  • andipandi
    andipandi Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    let it go...forgive yourself and move on :)
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I keep a diary of my weekly cals now. If I'm over one day (I was yesterday) then I just even it out over the week. It's only if you're over by 1000 at the end of the WEEK you have a problem :bigsmile: good luck!