OMG how do you backtraCK when you reliase you ate 1000kcal O

Options
2»

Replies

123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Thankyou...well.ive been walking aLOT MORE and sort of upped what i do exxcersie way that way.
    Since havig my 3rd little girl i find myself restricted what excersie i can do as my back getsssss so sore. It has a pronounced dip in it and aches ALOT...i upped my excercise by walkin more and taxiing less....and now i fele like i've blown it this week.
    Do you think those extra 1000 kcals will show as *an increase* in the scales rather than a loss?

Any increase it shows will not be real fat, it will be from all the sodium making you hold on to water...it should go back down in a few days. Remember approximately 3500 OVER your person maintenance calories = 1lb. So 1,000 over a weight loss calories will not put you back too far at all. Just jump back on the wagon tomorrow.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    you may have a "gain" the next day but in the end you will have to have gone over 3500 calories to gain a true pound...you can do this....the next meal is a new start.....try to pre-enter foods you dont ordinarily eat and if you still want to splurge even if they are going to "cost" you more than you have to spend, adjust the rest of you day accordingly...like someone else said, eat lighter the next day, increase your activity to get a bigger burn....you can do this....please dont let one holy *kitten* meal scare you away from what your goal is....eating healthier and getting into better shape for the long haul.....one day or meal over is not going to set you back.....
    good luck on your journey...
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    It's just one day, accept it and move on. Though be prepared, you'll likely see a slight increase on the scale due to water weight from all the sodium.
  • superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Just move on and remember tomorrow is a new day! Drink extra water! Its okay to go over calories once in a while- its called LIFE! :smile: I would just eat light if you have more meals left for today.
  • polkadotred
    Options
    Thankyou soo much, think im gonna reduce my intake for the next 4 days by maybe 100kcal a day.
    Or alternatively just eat more Salads as a main course (a sits hot anyway so that helps)

Thankyou and WOW!!!!!!! TOT HE quick repsonses...

1 bad day...its not 7 days its just 1 day.
    Thankyou you all put things a little more in perspective xxxxxxxxxx
  • savannahgur
    savannahgur Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Family-Guy-Puke-A-Thon-family-guy-2772560-513-386.gif

not srs.

thats why i plug things in before i eat them.

Once again Sir...

I actually just make it a point to have one bad day a month..a go all out eat what you want because your going to regret logging it later kind of day..but just one, otherwise all your hard work is out the window :)

It works for me, but you've lost alot of weight already doing what your doing, so no stress..just pick up tomorrow and make the workout a lottel bit more intesne than the day before.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Just workout a little extra for the next few days. No big deal.
    If you love pizza (I do), you might consider making it yourself. WAY lower in calories, and you can control what goes in it. I made homemade bbq chicken last week, and having two slices was about 400 calories.
  • Mkleder
    Mkleder Posts: 289
    Options
    Work it off over the week, it's no more than 2 hours of extra cardio.

I had something similar happen over the weekend. I was talked into grabbing lunch to go at Burger King. I usually just get a Whopper Jr and move along. Well, I thoguht I would try to be healthy and ordered the fish sandwich instead. Thankfully, this was to go and I was logging it in on MFP just as I started eating. When I realized that the fish sandwich had twice as many calories as the Whopper Jr. my chin hit the table.

Thankfully, the sandwich was only half eaten and I was able to employ my dietary 911 service. Can you say "Oops!"
    CiscoHam.jpg
  • ITTYbitty04
    ITTYbitty04 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I agreed with everyone! we all have treat days. just keep them to the minimum and on those days that you treat yourself, plan on consuming less calories for the day. cut out other treats and try to stick to lots of vegggies and fruit for your snacks and cut down on your carbs. I know I could never totally give up the thing I like to eat, but I do try to limit them in my daily eating and have them maybe once or twice a month tops!

get back with it tomorrow and stick to really healty foods!
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I dont know how many calories i was over yesterday. I ate 2 types of chips last night. TWO! reg potato chips then a crap load of tortilla chips. THEN at like 930 my boyfriend made me the most amzing grilled cheese ever! lol
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I keep a diary of my weekly cals now. If I'm over one day (I was yesterday) then I just even it out over the week. It's only if you're over by 1000 at the end of the WEEK you have a problem :bigsmile: good luck!

Great advice!
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    It may make you raetain water and lose a little less weight this week, but it's not going to derail your weight loss progress. Consider it a lesson in hidden calories. Now that I'm tracking my food, I'm absolutely amazed at the fat and calories that I unknowingly consumed over the years. So, now you know that Pizza Hut is worse than you thought. That doesn't mean you can't have it ever again, it just means that it should be a rare treat and you should plan the rest of your diet around it. Eat light the rest of the week, drink plenty of water, schedule a couple extra workouts. I'm a firm believer that totally denying yourself bad foods that you enjoy only leads to binges and undue guilt.
  • mrb_9110
    mrb_9110 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    As everyone else said just learn and move on. We're only human :)

The other thing to remember is that you don't necessarily digest and assimilate every calorie. Some does get passed through, depending on a variety of factors.

Sometimes you need a shock to get you back on track.

Good luck and stay strong!
    I'm sorry...what!? Where did you get the information that your body doesn't digest all the calories you consume? That's just ridiculous and you shouldn't be telling other users this unless you have proof.
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Lesson learned and move on....

Exactly...

I also check the calories before I eat things, this way...maybe you would have 1 slice instead of 3. Sometimes "cheating" is inevidable.
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Since havig my 3rd little girl i find myself restricted what excersie i can do as my back getsssss so sore. It has a pronounced dip in it and aches ALOT...
    Have you tried doing some core strengthening exercises? Pregnancy does a number on your back and you'll have to do a little bit of work to get those muscles back into shape, both abs and lower back. Your core muscles do a lot of work to keep your back straight and pain-free. There are some nice easy back and ab exercises you can do to ease into strengthening your core. That will in turn help your back ache less. My dad did a very simple (about 5 minutes) back and ab exercise routine every day for years, and he's 72 and going strong still. I'm not saying do 100 crunches or anything like that. :)

As for the pizza, don't worry about it too much. We all have to eat the things we enjoy some of the time. Be glad you ate less than you used to in the past, and continue with healthy food. A treat day every now and then isn't a problem. This is a long term process.
  • Nuts4play
    Nuts4play Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I agree with all those who say to learn by it. Give yourself permission to have a a crazy day once in a (long) while!!!
    I/we love pizza and we've started ordering the Large Pacific Veggie from Domino's. Only 110 calories and 20 mg of sodium for each slice. It's DELICIOUS!!!
    3 slices are just over 300 calories and only 60 mg of sodium... well within most anyones dinner calorie and sodium allowance.
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options

not srs.

thats why i plug things in before i eat them.

YEAP, YEAP, YEAP!! if you plug them in early in the morning. You know what to expect/eat ALL day....and you have a le-way of changing it if needed