Down 8.4lbs this week

Options
ancook02
ancook02 Posts: 44 Member
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to get that out. I'm down 8.4lbs this week. So glad to see my hard work pay off. This week I got serious about journaling everything I ate, even if it was "just a bite". I also worked out and cleaned my house top to bottom.

I know I won't always pull numbers like this, but it is so nice to get this boost. :)

Replies

• AmysNewBeginning
    AmysNewBeginning Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    WOOOO HOOOO TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO LOSE 8 LBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! SHOUT IT OUT!!!!!!!!
  • blueeyedtraveler
    blueeyedtraveler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's amazing...congratulations! I would totally love to have a loss like that!

Keep up the great work and good luck to you as you continue on your journey!
  • BuckeyeGirl1
    BuckeyeGirl1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! Congrats!!!!!!
  • AJAdkins
    AJAdkins Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB! :D Keep up the good work! :D
  • AlmaMarie182
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Keep up the great work! :)
  • ancook02
    Options
    Thanks!! I'm just relieved to see that hard work does pay off. It makes doing it so much easier.
  • Chello1973
    Options
    Congrats i can't wait to see my results..:smile:
  • mrsdstarks
    Options
    You rock!!! Keep up the good work.
  • crosbyc
    crosbyc Posts: 5
    Options
    congrats !!!
  • mkennedym
    mkennedym Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    just want to warn you, 8.4 lbs is mostly probably water weight, unless you are hundreds of pounds over weight and are on a major calorie restrictive diet.

to lose 8.4 lbs, you need to use 29,400 calories under your maintenance calories. that's a calorie deficit of 4200 calories per day. that is an impossible caloric deficit since maintenance calories generally fall in the 2000-4000 range.

it would require exercising to burn like 2000 calories a day. if you are doing that, good work, although be careful about your health. if not, then it is mostly water weight.
  • ancook02
    Options
    I'm sure it is mostly water weight and I know that I won't lose like that every week. But it was nice this week and definitely a motivation booster.
  • makeupartist12
    Options
    nice!!!! good job!!:happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!