10 Things That Keep Me Motivated!

Options
Hi Pals! These are some of the things I think about when I feel like giving up! What are some of your motivational thoughts? Here we go:

1. When someone says to me "Hi skinny!"
2. Graphic but: When I put on an old pair of undies and they are too big
3. Everytime I look at my thighs! (I have a loooong way to go)
4. Thinking about bathing suit and mini skirt shopping (my thighs yall, my thighs!)
5. Putting on a shirt from last year and realizing, "hey its too big too"
6. Not being tight in the airplane seat
7. Having the doctor tell me that I only have to lose "a little" weight, compare to him saying I'm "obese"!
8. My teens telling me that I look GOOOOOD!!
9. Going to the amusement park and not being sucked in, balled up and tight on the rides
10. My co-worker affectionately calling me "skinny b--ch!

Replies

• aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS.... I have needed motivation all day. Maybe this is the route I need to go today :-) Thanks
  • AmysNewBeginning
    AmysNewBeginning Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!! LOVE IT, AND LOVE YOUR ATTITUDE!!!!!!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Glad you've found some great daily motivators.

I love getting compliments, they always make me feel like my hard work has paid off.
    Breaking any personal record always feels good. Rather its lifting heavier, or running faster or longer.

Sometimes just looking in the mirror is a great one. Especially after looking at old pictures. It's nice to see how far you've come.
  • lperezlopes
    Options
    'My 10 Things:
    1. Fitting into Jeans that I stopped fitting pre-baby!!
    2. The confidence I feel wherever I go.
    3. Knowing I will be comfortable in a bathing suit this Summer and the fact that my bathing suit from last year is too big!
    4. All the positive mental and physical energy I now have.
    5. Actually wanting to buy clothes that are form fitting not that simply hide my "wobbly bits." :)
    6. Knowing that I can do ANYTHING I set my mind to, I had resigned myself to being overweight, NEVER AGAIN!!
    7. Feeling strong again.
    8. Needing to shop because clothes are too BIG!! not because they are too small.
    9. Being a good example for my baby girl. <3
    10. The way my husband looks at me ;) (More because I actually don't mind him looking at me!)
  • tim_fitbuilt4life
    tim_fitbuilt4life Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Flexing in the mirror and getting my Arnold on! LOL!
  • FIREfitGrl27
    Options
    1. Feeling great when I sprint up a flight of stairs! Or doing a sprint run to grab something! It's amazing feeling fit!
    2. Not failing myself OR lettin down those that are motivated by my effort and success
    3. Going clothes shopping and being AMAZED at what goes on with my size changes and just looking in the dressing room mirror!
    4. Truly liking what I see when I look in the mirror! I try to pick out ALL the positive things I see with my body AND tell myself that I want to work on...(insert body area) instead of using negative talk!
    5. My love life in the bedroom....maybe it's TMI, BUT gotta be honest ...being FIT makes it Enjoyable & GREATER! ;)
    6. The feeling of knowing I'm doing all I can to be good to the body, the temple, God has blessed me with! I only get one body and one chance to be my best with it! Thank you, God, for the power and strength to be in my lifestyle!
    7. The joy of being in a marriage that celebrates living a healthy&fit lifestyle..it's another common bond we share that's important to our family ...and I am blessed to have a supportive spouse in this! :D
    8. Being able to 'fit in' where I go....amusment parks, movies, concerts, restaurant seats!, etc!
    9. Training and becoming a FITNESS INSTRUCTOR! I'm developing my fitness and physique AND I intend to put my blessings and enlightenment to use by working with others! I want to be the best instructor I can be and a good example of being healthy and fit!
    10. My 10 year HIGH SCHOOL REUNION! Yep! I left high school as one of the fattest chicks BUT ...oh how things change! I'm returning to that school for my reunion as the HOTTEST chick!! WOOT WOOT! I might even give 'em the 'Eat my sexy dust, all of you past haters and tricks!' bwahahaha...nah, too blessed to be mean, BUT I already have my sexy dress picked out! ;)
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Hi Pals! These are some of the things I think about when I feel like giving up! What are some of your motivational thoughts? Here we go:

2. Graphic but: When I put on an old pair of undies and they are too big (I'M SCARRED FOR LIFE NOW)
    4. Thinking about bathing suit and mini skirt shopping (my thighs yall, my thighs!)
    7. Having the doctor tell me that I only have to lose "a little" weight, compare to him saying I'm "obese"!
    9. Going to the amusement park and not being sucked in, balled up and tight on the rides
    11. Laddy yelling, Eat Tam Eat!!!
  • globe_trekker
    globe_trekker Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This is a great post, thanks for sharing! My 10 things:

1. My best friend's success (and same struggles sometimes, but we get through them) on MFP, I attribute my staying on target due to the accountability with her, we may be hundreds of miles away, but the MFP status updates on each other, keep us in check. Her motivating me, makes me motivate her, which motivates me, a total positive circle!

2. Fitting into my favorite "magician's jacket" blazer, where just months ago, I could not button it.

3. The walk uphill when leaving the gym, I'm not as huffing and puffing anymore, I'm sure my heart is thanking me! :-)

4. Feeling more comfortable in my clothes, still wearing the same clothes, have not fully outgrown them, but it is nice to be more compact.

5. Walking taller, I do this unconsciously.

6. Feeling more in control of my life, at least on the food and health front, I am doing something positive, with tangible results.

7. Seeing more definition in my waist, the proportions are more clear now!

8. Shaving off minutes on my mile/minute hike up this steep 2 mile hill, I like numeric goals that are easily measurable.

9. Having a wider clothes selection, I have a closet full of clothes that are still way too small for me, but as I get fit, I will have more fab clothes to choose from!

10. Feeling accomplished and good about myself.
  • tameka1220
    tameka1220 Posts: 517 Member
    Options

1. My best friend's success (and same struggles sometimes, but we get through them) on MFP, I attribute my staying on target due to the accountability with her, we may be hundreds of miles away, but the MFP status updates on each other, keep us in check. Her motivating me, makes me motivate her, which motivates me, a total positive circle!

2. Fitting into my favorite "magician's jacket" blazer, where just months ago, I could not button it.

3. The walk uphill when leaving the gym, I'm not as huffing and puffing anymore, I'm sure my heart is thanking me! :-)

4. Feeling more comfortable in my clothes, still wearing the same clothes, have not fully outgrown them, but it is nice to be more compact.

6. Feeling more in control of my life, at least on the food and health front, I am doing something positive, with tangible results.

8. Shaving off minutes on my mile/minute hike up this steep 2 mile hill, I like numeric goals that are easily measurable.

9. Having a wider clothes selection, I have a closet full of clothes that are still way too small for me, but as I get fit, I will have more fab clothes to choose from!

***** #5, I love that! Isn't that amazing!!
  • tameka1220
    Options

2. Graphic but: When I put on an old pair of undies and they are too big (I'M SCARRED FOR LIFE NOW)
    11. Laddy yelling, Eat Tam Eat!!!

LMBO!!!!!!!!! How could I forget my BFF Laddy saying "Eat Tameka Eat!" I'd be starving and struggling without that! THANK YOU!
  • xSmileyLeighx
    Options
    Ugh I hateeeee my thighs too! That's the biggest problem I have >.< I think that's where most of my fat go. Lol.
  • tameka1220
    Options
    1. Feeling great when I sprint up a flight of stairs! Or doing a sprint run to grab something! It's amazing feeling fit!
    2. Not failing myself OR lettin down those that are motivated by my effort and success
    3. Going clothes shopping and being AMAZED at what goes on with my size changes and just looking in the dressing room mirror!
    4. Truly liking what I see when I look in the mirror! I try to pick out ALL the positive things I see with my body AND tell myself that I want to work on...(insert body area) instead of using negative talk!
    5. My love life in the bedroom....maybe it's TMI, BUT gotta be honest ...being FIT makes it Enjoyable & GREATER! ;)
    6. The feeling of knowing I'm doing all I can to be good to the body, the temple, God has blessed me with! I only get one body and one chance to be my best with it! Thank you, God, for the power and strength to be in my lifestyle!
    7. The joy of being in a marriage that celebrates living a healthy&fit lifestyle..it's another common bond we share that's important to our family ...and I am blessed to have a supportive spouse in this! :D
    8. Being able to 'fit in' where I go....amusment parks, movies, concerts, restaurant seats!, etc!
    9. Training and becoming a FITNESS INSTRUCTOR! I'm developing my fitness and physique AND I intend to put my blessings and enlightenment to use by working with others! I want to be the best instructor I can be and a good example of being healthy and fit!
    10. My 10 year HIGH SCHOOL REUNION! Yep! I left high school as one of the fattest chicks BUT ...oh how things change! I'm returning to that school for my reunion as the HOTTEST chick!! WOOT WOOT! I might even give 'em the 'Eat my sexy dust, all of you past haters and tricks!' bwahahaha...nah, too blessed to be mean, BUT I already have my sexy dress picked out! ;)

#5 and #7: PRICELESS!!!! Good for you!! And can you take a picture of everyone with their mouth open when you go to your reunion and walk in the door looking HOT?!!!!!
  • tameka1220
    Options
    Flexing in the mirror and getting my Arnold on! LOL!

Get It Arnold aka Tim!!!
  • tameka1220
    Options
    'My 10 Things:
    1. Fitting into Jeans that I stopped fitting pre-baby!!
    2. The confidence I feel wherever I go.
    3. Knowing I will be comfortable in a bathing suit this Summer and the fact that my bathing suit from last year is too big!
    4. All the positive mental and physical energy I now have.
    5. Actually wanting to buy clothes that are form fitting not that simply hide my "wobbly bits." :)
    6. Knowing that I can do ANYTHING I set my mind to, I had resigned myself to being overweight, NEVER AGAIN!!
    7. Feeling strong again.
    8. Needing to shop because clothes are too BIG!! not because they are too small.
    9. Being a good example for my baby girl. <3
    10. The way my husband looks at me ;) (More because I actually don't mind him looking at me!)

#9 and #10, awwww..... too cute!!
  • tameka1220
    Options
    Glad you've found some great daily motivators.

I love getting compliments, they always make me feel like my hard work has paid off.
    Breaking any personal record always feels good. Rather its lifting heavier, or running faster or longer.

Sometimes just looking in the mirror is a great one. Especially after looking at old pictures. It's nice to see how far you've come.

Compliments are AWESOME!!
  • tameka1220
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!! LOVE IT, AND LOVE YOUR ATTITUDE!!!!!!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Amy!!
  • tameka1220
    Options
    LOVE THIS.... I have needed motivation all day. Maybe this is the route I need to go today :-) Thanks

You're very welcome! Hope it helped get you through today
  • tameka1220
    Options
    Ugh I hateeeee my thighs too! That's the biggest problem I have >.< I think that's where most of my fat go. Lol.

yes they're not nice
  • globe_trekker
    globe_trekker Posts: 20 Member
    Options

***** #5, I love that! Isn't that amazing!!

Yes, it makes a huge difference. Recently, I started snowballing, and am too afraid to look at the scale but fear it is around 3lbs or so, and I find myself being more slouchy, and not walking tall. Those 3 or so pounds make a huge difference, I am still around minus 20lbs, but this recent setback has me not standing tall, I shall keep sliding on the minus scale :-)