Hi!

Options
A little about me and why I'm here:

I have been active Air Force for 15 years, but unfortunately haven't been eating well or exercising like I should have in years. A couple years ago, we had a field exercise and afterwards I saw a picture with me (outer shirt off) and I was disgusted. I hadn't realized I had gotten so fat. I was sitting around 240, and no it wasn't muscle!

So, last year I started modifying my eating habbits. I cut portions, and started to eat better foods. I also started Insanity over last summer, but had to stop due to having my gal bladder removed. I did drop quite a bit of weight, down to 210, but I still looked bad.

At the beginning of this year, I got engaged, and decided it was time to really get serious. My fiance also learned that she was borderline Type 2 Diabetic (not overweight, but heriditary). This really got me going. I now pay very close attention to what I eat, and am in week 4 of my second round of Insanity. I've dropped below 200lbs for the first time since I was 20, and it feels great.

Now I just need to do better tracking my diet. I'm trying to help my fiance manage her's, so it's important to me that I do it right. Thank you for the wonderful tool, and I hope to learn a lot from these forums.

Justin

Replies

• Slayer66
    Slayer66 Posts: 265
    Options
    Hi and GL!
  • FlabtoFabChick
    Options
    Hi Justin!
    Welcome! I have only been here a short time, as in actually joining the online page, but I am sure you will get all the support you need to stay on track! So you are doing Insanity, huh? It's a great/challenging workout! I am sure you will get great results with it. I did it sometime ago and I got good results. There is a pic on my profile page of the progress I made. Just make sure you are keeping your caloric intake as recommended in your nutritional book that you received with the program. Take it one day at a time and you will reach your goals and there are lots of others here that will support and motivate you also. YOU CAN DO IT!!! LET'S GOOOO ( In my Shaun T voice) :-)

Have a great day~

Della~
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you.
  • JPK7
    JPK7 Posts: 6
    Options
    WELCOME
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    welcome! and best of luck to you!
  • Lorrainedear
    Options
    Hey welcome aboard!! I got diagnosed with diabetes in February and since then have really been cutting down on sugar and carbs. Who knew there was sugar in chicken!!! Good luck to you and your fiance - I find that keeping track of your food and exercise on here really helps and motivates!
  • popsicle33
    popsicle33 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Justin
    I think this is one of the friendliest and useful sites around. I think a key is finding as many friends as you can on here because the support system here is awesome!

Good luck to you!
    Amy from Albuquerque
  • txsarge17
    txsarge17 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am excited about the changes I've seen so far. I read in one of the Insanity threads on here where a couple of folks are starting to look at themselves in the mirror thinking "wow I haven't seen those muscles in a while". I'm there now. I've lost more than 2 inches in 4 weeks, and have started to see abs. I haven't seen those since high school!!!!!