Have an issue...

Options
with water, I hate it! it's bland and the fact that I HAVE to drink it makes it worse. Anyone else have this problem? any low cal solutions?

Replies

• kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Crystal light (or whatever off brand there of).
    I don't mind water at all, but sometimes it's nice to have a little flavor.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    squeeze in some lemon or lime juice to help.... or float cucumber slices, strawberry slices, etc.

Sometimes I make an herbal iced tea and drink that instead.... or water it down alot.
  • tropikanagirl
    tropikanagirl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, looking to herbal teas (like mango flavored teas) swetened with stevia is a good option and way lower in calories and any processed chemical stuff.
  • vallenrn
    vallenrn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I drink diet green tea with ginseng and honey....no calories and helps my metabolism.
  • bjunkins
    bjunkins Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I find the Crystal Light and it's off brand competitors is Way Too Strong if mixed according to the directions. Try mixing it half strength (or less to taste) and you get your water without all of the chemicals.
  • AmyJoMartens
    Options
    I also hate the taste of water so
    I drink flavored water from walmart
  • charding40
    Options
    uuuggg i hear you on the water thing! i find it hard to gulp down 8 glasses a day! i do use crystal lite but get sick of those in a hurry too!
  • Plumpqt
    Plumpqt Posts: 156
    Options
    Sometimes, looking to herbal teas (like mango flavored teas) swetened with stevia is a good option and way lower in calories and any processed chemical stuff.

I like this, I have heard of stevia but have yet to try it, I like the idea of no processed chemicals, its bad enough I use coffee mate.
    Thanks I will pick up some stevia tomorrow and give it a shot.
  • Plumpqt
    Options
    uuuggg i hear you on the water thing! i find it hard to gulp down 8 glasses a day! i do use crystal lite but get sick of those in a hurry too!

Ya I got sick of Crystal light fast! why does water consumption have to suck
  • elle18287
    elle18287 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I add a bit of lemon juice and sometimes just a splash of cranberry juice (not from concentrate, no sugar added)! Yummm!
  • regentin
    regentin Posts: 60
    Options
    Mio...add it to your water. It's somewhat new, I think...you can find it near the drink (crystal light, kool aid) section of the grocery store.
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Arizona Tea Company makes a green tea with pomegranate and acai berry ... Love it and it has a little sweet to it so I don't have to add sugar.
    ~Namaste
  • Plumpqt
    Options
    I also hate the taste of water so
    I drink flavored water from walmart

OH YA!!! I forgot about those! but arent they expensive?
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I used to be that way about water. We now have a filter for our water and ice maker and it's made a world of difference. I drink water almost exclusively when I'm at home.

I've seen a lot of people recommend Mio liquid. It's a calorie free flavoring you add to water. I just bought some last night (Berry Pomegranate) and it's not bad at all. It comes in several different flavors. I don't mind plain water, but this should be a nice change every once in awhile.
  • Plumpqt
    Options
    I add a bit of lemon juice and sometimes just a splash of cranberry juice (not from concentrate, no sugar added)! Yummm!

I have done the lemon to death, one in a while is good, then the heartburn kicks in lol
  • Plumpqt
    Options
    Mio...add it to your water. It's somewhat new, I think...you can find it near the drink (crystal light, kool aid) section of the grocery store.

Thanks I was thinking about this as well, must see if its cost effective
  • Plumpqt
    Options
    I used to be that way about water. We now have a filter for our water and ice maker and it's made a world of difference. I drink water almost exclusively when I'm at home.

I've seen a lot of people recommend Mio liquid. It's a calorie free flavoring you add to water. I just bought some last night (Berry Pomegranate) and it's not bad at all. It comes in several different flavors. I don't mind plain water, but this should be a nice change every once in awhile.

I have a water cooler so water taste is good its the amount that I have to drink, im not a big drinker, i know its not good.
  • Plumpqt
    Options
    Thanks guys you all have some really helpful ideas :)
  • CalPolyBronco
    CalPolyBronco Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    MiO, MiO, MiO.....that's your solution. I used to drink Crystal light but even though I loved it, it still had a low calorie value, like 10 or so calories for a packet. Now that I've tried MiO I love it. It's a little tiny squeeze bottle (you can find it right next to Crystal light in the grocery store) and you just squirt the desired amount in a water bottle. Shake it up and you're good to go! It has directions on the bottle for how much to use for a good taste. Usually a big squirt will do the trick. I've tried all the flavors except Fruit Punch. They have flavors like Strawberry Watermelon, Berry Pomegranate, Peach Tea, Mango Peach, Sweet Tea and Fruit Punch. They are all 0 calories!! Try it, you'll like it!
  • LauraDubbleya
    LauraDubbleya Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Water consumption is that wall I hit too. I've tried Crystal light and can't stand the taste of it. I find that if it's room temperature I can seem to get it down a little easier but the best I'm doing right now is 4-5 glasses a day.
    To the folks suggesting Mio, is that available in Canada and where?