Eating your veggies

Options
I have seriously been lax on eating my veggies, but most of it is because I've run out of ideas on how to incorporate them into my diet. Any tips???

Replies

• CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Low Sodium V8, Adding veggies to sandwiches, Veggie pockets, Veggie omelets, more veggies in chili, soups, side dishes.
  • khodges15
    khodges15 Posts: 114
    Options
    Colorful selections:
    Ie. my lunch plate right now includes sweet potato and spinach

Veggie Tray.
    Make one with your fav veggies and a low fat dip, you'd be surprised how you'd be able to incorporate them into your day! :)

Stir-Fry:
    again with all your fav veggies. I like sugar snap peas, peppers, and onions over some brown rice. YUMMO!

Mixing:
    Make an omlette in the morning for breakfast and just throw some of your favorites (or scraps hahaha) in there.

When you have sandwiches throw some extras on, lettuce, tomato, onion, banana peppers. Even tho its a little quantity all of them together can equal one serving.

Hope this helps! Good Luck! ;)
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I roast them in the oven for dinner with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic power, onion powder and sometimes lemon juice. I make a lot more than we will eat then I take the leftovers to work for lunch. I just had grilled chicken breast with roasted red potatoes, roasted broccoli and roasted asparagus.... yum-o.
  • khodges15
    khodges15 Posts: 114
    Options
    Low Sodium V8, Adding veggies to sandwiches, Veggie pockets, Veggie omelets, more veggies in chili, soups, side dishes.

V8...good thinkin!
  • ashmom86
    ashmom86 Posts: 117
    Options
    Bump :)
  • msmonique95
    msmonique95 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You could do a beef or chicken stir-fry with some veggies, try making a homemade vegetable soup or you could make a veggie omelet for breakfast. Also, you could try a salad with cucumbers, broccoli and carrots and have a small amount of dressing to drizzle over the veggies.
  • pretzels113
    pretzels113 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My sister hides veggies in everything her kids eat because they are so picky, she shreds zuccinni and puts it in spaghetti sauce and meatloaf/ meatballs. My favorite is having pre-made baggies of my favorite veggies ready to go in the fridge... then when I want to much i grab those instead of chips.
  • ashmom86
    ashmom86 Posts: 117
    Options
    I drink V8 at least once a day!! :)
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Shred carrots & spinach and add them to meatloaf or meatballs, add shredded carrot to your salads, i like the idea of roasting a bunch of veggies so you have leftovers for lunch! :)
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    what are your veggie choices?? most people eat only a limited selection- with spring coming on fresh vegs are on the horizon. Branch out- try something you have never eaten before. I read that there are over 4,000 edible plants in north america alone- explore-expand your culinary horizons. Good luck

and you can bake, broil, grill, steam, make foil packs, puree into a smoothie--oh yeah when my son was in football he needed a protein shake to maintain his weight but up his protein intake- I would take his fruit and (in his case ice cream and protein powder) and would add cucumbers, zucchini, spinach, yellow squash, snow peas- what ever I had on had and blend them right in there he would drink it get his vegs and a bunch of other stuff.
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    and when I make tuna fish - i put celery, carrots, and shredded zucchini- in fact I put zucchini (shredded) in burgers, sauces, omelets ***we grow zucchini so have to use it somehow*** zucchini in pumpkin muffins, (which I also add carrots to). be creative.
  • kristanickerson
    kristanickerson Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I like to cut out my starch at supper and go for veggies instead, I'm kind of spoiled because i live beside a market that has lots of fresh produce. I try to pick things that are a little more filling and low cal like Steamed brussel sprouts and or boiled beets. Also really love my veggie omlettes. I also like to make veggie (load em right up) pizzas on ww pita bread. Try watching the food network or checking out the website for ideas (sometimes they aren't so low cal but you can modify the recipes) I've learned of alot of different produce, and how to pick and prepare them, that I'd never heard of before.
  • Jaynequ
    Jaynequ Posts: 39
    Options
    Chicken traybake: chicken breast cubed, potatoes cut into 8 and any veg eg squash, courgette, mushroom, pepper, babycorn, aubergine, onion,, some chicken stock and your favourite herbs and spices. Put in medium to hot oven for 1 1 1/2 hours. Very little washing up involved...