Fruit Smoothies

Options
paigelyn88
paigelyn88 Posts: 26 Member
Does anyone have any good recipes for fruit smoothies? I know that they should be simple to make but I am just unsure of a healthy one. Thank you!!!:happy:

Replies

• pawclan
    pawclan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I make one in the mornings that is 1/2 cup low fat yogurt, 1/2 cup 1% milk, than 1 or 2 bananas and if I have them a few strawberries. I also mix in peanut butter instead of strawberries from time to time.

Just my little thing.
  • jennfur
    jennfur Posts: 11
    Options
    I don't have a particular recipe, but I keep frozen fruit in my freezer year round. Buy it on sale and freeze it. I peel bananas, cut them in chunks and freeze them.

Add about 1/2 cup frozen fruit, 1/2 cup yogurt (choose greek yogurt or low-calorie plain or vanilla yogurt. I love stoneybrook organic vanilla yogurt. Add 1 cup milk or water. Blend well. You can add sweeteners/more or less fruit/yogurt/milk to your liking. Once you've made it a couple of times you will find what YOU like. :)
  • lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
    I just blend up a cup of fruit, container of yougurt and ice. I use either strawberries, peaches or banana and the yogurt is usually light/fat free vanilla but if I'm out of that I sometimes use other flavors.
  • lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
    I just blend up a cup of fruit, container of yougurt and ice. I use either strawberries, peaches or banana and the yogurt is usually light/fat free vanilla but if I'm out of that I sometimes use other flavors.

Am I the only one who uses ice?? Lol
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Dannon Smoothie Recipe
    - 1 cup low fat vanilla yogurt
    - 1 cup frozen or fresh fruit
    - 1/2 to 1 cup juice (orange juice is preferable)
    - 1/2 cup ice

Directions: Put in a blender and combine.

- Mix and match how much you add of each until you get the consistency you like.
    - For added sweetness, you can mix in a tablespoon of honey or sweetener.
    - You can also replace the juice with skim milk for a lower sugar, more milkshake like drink.
    - I like to add a 1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder to mine as well.
    - My favorite combos are bananas and strawberries, just plain banana, pineapple juice and pineapples (with coconut flavoring)
  • teebeegeebee
    teebeegeebee Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    banana - 50-60g
    milk 200ml
    honey - 1tsp
    ginger, pureed 1tsp
    mango 80g
    or blueberries/raspberries 80g (frozen)

optional - oats 30-50g

blitz oats then add rest and re-blitz

enjoy - you will not want to eat for the next 5-6hours - really satisfying and calorie manageable
    i have this every day now
  • nichalsont
    nichalsont Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I'm not a yogurt fan so I use ice and banana as my base with a little skim milk. Then I add whatever fruit I have in the freezer. If you need a little sweetness, add a packet or two of sugar substitute. Sometimes the only fruit I use is the banana. It's more of a shake than a smoothie, but still healthy and very refreshing.
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Frozen fruit, a little yogurt, some ice. I also add some whey protein powder, wheat germ and sometimes some orange juice.
    Example:
    Strawberries
    Mangos
    Ice
    2-3 TB vanilla yogurt
    1 scoop protein powder
    splash of orange juice

I thought about doing a mocha one with coffee, vanilla protein powder and ice also.
  • bbush18
    bbush18 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    i drink this one in the morning, after my workout:

1/2 mango
    1/2 banana
    handful of blueberries (fresh or frozen)
    splash of apple juice
    about 1 tbsp muesli
    2 tbsp or so plain yogurt
    some ice cubes for consistency

hope you like it as much as i do!
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I just use what I have in the house.

I start with a container of yogurt- usually Greek
    whatever fruit I have available- almost always an over-ripe banance, frozen berries, etc
    a handful of frozen spinach (can't taste it)
    orange juice or milk- depends on my mood
    ice

I've been on a smoothie kick and this always turns out delicious! I've seen others use sweeteners but I find I don't need it.

Happy blending!
  • charding40
    Options
    Bump! these all sound delicious!
  • rosa1582
    rosa1582 Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Am I the only one who uses ice?? Lol

I also use ice lol

Just add whatever fresh or frozen fruit non-fat organic yogurt and ice and that's pretty much it.