Suggestions for morning work out?

Options
Hello All! I just started tracking and exercising again after having lost 60lbs through another tracking website/weight watchers (now I have 70 more to go to hit my goal...yikes!)

This time around I want to make exercising a priority and a part of my weekly routine, and was wondering if anyone had good suggestions for a morning workout plan?

What are your guy's favorite exercises right after waking up? Do you have a regime you've built up? And any good tips for making them a habit?

Replies

• hotrodzarate
    hotrodzarate Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    A few times a week I do HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training). There are some routines that I googled and came up with a cool website where I follow this lady. Being a women myself, you just have to get over how cute and perfect she is but she has some fabulous routines that you can do with just body weight and within 20 minutes. I love her routines. I am at the gym about a total of a hour, but this includes maybe 15 minutes on the eliptical and 10 minutes of stretching. and another 10 of abs or I just filling in the time with some free weights. Good luck.
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I hit the gym and get on the elliptical for 40 mins., then I do 20 on the treadmill, then I do an hour of total body weight lifting......I love it!
  • superstarcola
    Options
    I make sure I go to the gym EVERY morning, right after breakfast, that way I won't make excuses.
    My workout usually consists of 50 minutes of cardio and about an hour of weights (I split and alternate them into upper and lower body days). Once I got into the routine I felt AMAZING after every workout, kept me going for the rest of the day. :)

Good luck!
  • amyelizabethrn75
    Options
    I am a fan of Jillian Michael's 30 day shred..... it takes about 20 minutes- which is a nice amount of time for a morning workout before work (or anytime) and you feel it working and see results too! It is all about the HIIT and the muscle confusion, which seems to be the key words lately! Good luck and keep up the good work!
  • jlbunny78
    Options
    I do group classes at my gym. The music in my spin class really wakes me up. Having taken the class for more a year and knowing most people who are there almost everyday really keeps me going. If I slack off for a week, I will get email from some of them asking if I was sick or on vacation. I also like jogging in the morning. Traffic is a lot lighter in the early morning than in the evening in my neighborhood.
  • cakester42
    Options
    Thanks guys! All great suggestions! This morning I started to try out HIIT

I'm really missing my gym membership!
  • doo1963
    doo1963 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I hit the gym and get on the elliptical for 40 mins., then I do 20 on the treadmill, then I do an hour of total body weight lifting......I love it!

Phew....what time do you get up to workout??
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options

Wow, you got me exhausted. :smile:

I do home workout DVD's before work and sometimes hit the treadmill at lunch.