Meals

Options
imaprncs
imaprncs Posts: 77 Member
For the mothers/wives out there do you eat the same thign for dinner as you make your family or are you making yourself seporate meals?

Replies

• pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I am not a mother or a wife but why shouldn't your family eat the healthy meals you are preparing for yourself?
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    As my mom said... "If you don't want to eat what's in front of you, you must not be very hungry."

In other words, I'm only cooking one meal.
  • vxmittyxv
    vxmittyxv Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing my family is eating. However, I have to plan my day out in order to be able to do that. Eating a seperate meal from everyone else is not a substainable lifestyle, at least not for me. Plus, it isn't going to kill my kids and husband to eat a little healthier.
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Most of the time we all eat the same thing, but my kids sometimes get something different (lets face it, their kids and limited on what they are willing to eat...although their meals are usually healthy as well...but dont tell them that). My husband eats what I eat though...he doesnt mind eating healthy!
  • Caharleygirl
    Caharleygirl Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Because I'm focusing more on getting healthy than just losing weight...my husband eats whatever I eat. It's good healthy food and he can always eat more quantity than me if he needs to. On the plus side, we have both lost weight and are happy with that. I don't have any kids at home but if I did...I think I would make them eat it too as it's good to teach them that healthy foods are best. :drinker:
  • sociable15
    Options
    Everyone eats the same in my house, regardless of who's cooking. My fiance's also on here so I make the same thing for him that I'm eating, i just eat less of it than he does (his cals are higher) and vice versa. I co-parent my nephew who i've had guardianship and joint custody of since he was 8 months old (2 1/2 now) and he is a little garbage disposal so he'll eat just about anything I put in front of him. And, not for nothin', the kid's fav food is broccoli so it's not hard to get him to eat healthy food....
  • LindseyC87
    LindseyC87 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I make the same 'general' meal. Such as taco night my daughter and husband get there normal taco's but me on the otherhand like to take my taco meat and put it over spinach leavles, add some salsa and cheese and have me a taco salad istead.. Last night we had BBQ hamburgers and my husband threw a Boca burger on for me.
  • kac452
    kac452 Posts: 10
    Options
    I do cook differently for myself than I do the rest of my family. My boys are already beanpoles and very active. If they ate the same thing I did there would be nothing to them!
  • Iorns78
    Iorns78 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am very lucky, my children really do love most vegetables and for the most part we eat fairly healthy, once in a while if I don't feel like cooking I will make my kids mac and cheese and I go for a salad but 97% of the time they eat what I make. :-)