I need recipes for healthy desserts!

Options
I am always craving something sweet, and I want to try something that is easy to make. I eat a lot of jello and it is just getting boring, I also eat yogurt with different toppings. I have always struggled with snacking throughout the day, and I like to turn towards the sweets. Being a college student I would like something maybe I could take on the go, and something that is affordable.

If you have any ideas for getting over the sweet tooth craving please let me know!

Replies

• emmigirl429
    emmigirl429 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I know they probably aren't the best but I eat Kellogg's Fiber Plus bars (The chocolate ones are my fave but the coconut ones taste similar to girl scout cookies). 120 cals and they're sweet like candy but with 6 grams of fiber. Cheap and always keep a bar in my purse.
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I make healthy desserts all the time......go to Tasteofhome.com and click on the healthy tab.......happy baking!
  • vanadia
    vanadia Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Sugar free pudding cups and the ever handy fruit (apples, bananas, ect)
  • amandapratt
    amandapratt Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • agdeierl
    agdeierl Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I used to have a sweet tooth that was a lot harder to manage than it is now...unfortunately, I can't tell you how I get here, because I'm not sure myself! I do think fruit helps. You don't want to go crazy with fruit, because to some extent, sugar is sugar, but if you're having trouble eating too many sweets (cookies, cake, ice cream, etc.), then swapping for fruit would be a great first step. Find a fruit that you really like and when the craving hits, go for the fruit. I've actually gotten now to where I crave pears instead of cookies. I still like to have one dessert-type thing a day usually. I limit my fruit and sweets, but I recently made a brownie recipe from Devin Alexander's The Most Decadent Diet Ever cookbook. It replaces all butter and oil with unsweetened applesauce and the eggs with egg whites. I was surprised by how truly decadent it was, because I'm usually not over the moon about applesauce subbed baked goods. portion control is huge, obviously, but you can have one of her brownie "cups" as she calls them for about 110 cals and only 1 gram of fat! There's still a good bit of sugar in there, so I wouldn't have more than one, and if you're counting sugars here on MFP, it'll probably put you over. MFP's sugar allowances are SO strict! Anyway, I'm actually to the point now where when I remember full-fat baked goods with lots of butter, it seems too much to me. Too rich. Anyway, I'd also recommend www.skinnytaste.com She doesn't have a ton of sweets recipes, because she doesn't like to bake, but she has a good banana bread recipe, french toast, and some neat cookie recipes I have yet to try. What I like about her recipes is they have reasonable stats, but they don't rely on fake stuff like everything fat free or sugar free, etc. I can't stand that! Good luck!
  • lacinad
    lacinad Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I cannot wait to try all these ideas! Thank you everyone!!
  • Lyndzo
    Lyndzo Posts: 142
    Options
    I've got a really bad sweet tooth, particularly when it comes to chocolate.

The other night my boyfriend made a fruit sorbet and it got my craving. He has an ice cream maker (it was about $25) so we used that. We put banana, strawberries, raspberries and kiwi into the mixer and bowl (that you freeze). About 30 mins later it was ready. I'm big on ice cream and this has now taken its place.
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Try fun size packages of your favorite candy
  • mrb_9110
    mrb_9110 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    bump, i have the exact same problem!
  • bmonahan115
    bmonahan115 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    frozen banana and avacado!!!

peel and dice up either fruit, and freeze for a few hours, than blend in whatever you'd like and BAM healthy "ice cream" i don't even miss the sugar and dairy laden stuff anymore! it's so creamy and similar! :-D i usually put some peanut butter or nutella in it blend it again and refreeze it so it's nice and stiff but if you like soft serve you can eat it as is :-D good luck! sweet tooths aren't the easiet