new to myfitnesspal

Options
Hi, my name is Kim, I am married and have 3 beautiful daughters. I am a registered nurse and work 12 hour shifts. I have struggled with my weight for the last 10 years or so and I find it hard to stay committed to diet and exercise. I am happy that I found "myfitnesspal" and feel positive that this may be the program that works for me.

Replies

• Rebjones612
    Rebjones612 Posts: 408
    Options
    Hello and welcome.......!
    You will love this site. It is great for motivation and support.
    Also a good place to get tips and such.
    Feel free top add me as a friend.

I too work 12 hr shifts, however, I work from home.
  • irisannRN
    irisannRN Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim ! My name is Iris. I am an RN as well, but worl 10 hours shifts (worked 12 hour night shifts in the past though). I have only been on here for a few days, but so far everyone has been so supportive and nice. I find that to be very motivating as well as comforting to know that everyone is here for the same thing. Feel free to friend me !!! Good luck with your weight loss !
  • ubabe1
    ubabe1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Glad you're here!! Feel free to add me for support!!
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Good luck on your journey!
  • komplexlysimple
    Options
    Welcome!!!
  • Acnwgirl
    Acnwgirl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm new too! I found the app on my phone because I have been working out like crazy and not losing the weight so I decided to start being accountable for the food I eat. I set my goals up to lose 2 pounds a week and stayed within my calorie limits and my first week, what do you know, I lost 2 pounds! I'm hoping to keep this going. It's great motivation so far!! I too have always struggled with my weight. Diets don't work, its about eating consciously and living a healthy lifestyle. This will be my 4th time losing 80 lbs. I hope it works great for both of us and we are able to stick with it!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim :flowerforyou:
    Welcome to MFP.....you are going to love it here
    very supportive site / community!
    Feel free to friend me!
    Good luck to ya!!
  • ladonne73
    ladonne73 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP!!! This is a wonderfully supportive group of people and I'm sure you will love it. Feel free to add me as a friend. :flowerforyou: