New to FitnessPal-Bride to be :)

Options
MrsGreco
MrsGreco Posts: 134 Member
Hi everyone! Im new to MyFitnessPal as of today :) My fiance just popped the big question this past Sunday (April 17th). I am SO excited for our wedding and want to look and feel my best. The wedding is March 17th, 2012 so I have time to lose as much as I want. I am 5'7" 245lbs, My goal is 175 by January 2012. Thats 70 POUNDS!! Let the calorie counting begin!!

Any helpful tips would be great. I'm a horrible dieter but I do enjoy working out :)

-MrsGreco <3

Replies

• LeeeBabiee
    Options
    Congratulations! Welcome!!
  • ladiluvbug83
    ladiluvbug83 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Cardio, Cardio, Cardio. Get in as much cradio in as you can. This will jump start your weight loss and help you to continue to lose. Remember to take it one day at a time. Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Best of luck!
  • tdjones00
    tdjones00 Posts: 68
    Options
    Congrats on the engagement. It will be helpful that you enjoy working out. Count your calories on MFP and develop a consistent work out routine. It may be horrible to start considering that you stated that you are a horrible dieter, but try doing it together or with a good friend or family member to stay on track. Good luck!
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Coingratulations and Welcome.
    Here is what has worked for me:
    Tracking ALL my calories. Keeping between 1200-1400 calories on days when I don't exercise.
    Remaining active. Even if I can't dedicate hours to the Gym or walking/ running, etc. I try tp stay active with my kids.
    Strength training is important.
    Try to read your body, what works for others may not work for you so be flexible.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I suggest finding a class near you with a teacher that you love. You can sign up for Groupon in your area to get coupons for classes too. :) If you love the teacher you will go. You will go even if you are tired or burnt out. A great teacher in a class that motivates you will help you spice up your routine and get to your wedding weight goal!!

I love Zumba and also Centergy that is yoga combined with pilates. Zumba for the sweat, and Centergy for strength and balance.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I just got married in October. Good luck with the weightloss, just remember you're doing this to be healthy and feel better about yourself, and not just on the big day. My best advice is log stuff before you eat it, and don't buy a dress that is smaller than what you are when you buy it. The pressure to fit into it will work against you. My dress did fit when I bought it, and I had lost 50 pounds as of a month after we got engaged, and still had 15 to go. I felt so pressured to lose that last 15, that I actually ended up gaining 13 and had to have my dress let out a little.

So just take it easy, one day at a time and don't put too much pressure on yourself because wedding planning is stressful enough. Good luck!
  • MrsGreco
    MrsGreco Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much for the support! I'll be needing it.