Knee pain

Options
I've been doing Jillian's 30 Day shred and also doing some jogging, and yesterday I kind of pushed through the pain, cause I wanted to workout, but as a result, today it really hurts. I can't walk normally without there being pain. I was wondering if this means I need to take a break from working out? And if so, is there any kind of exercise I can do to help keep me in the habit of being active? I would hate to have to wait for my knee to feel better and get out of the routine in the process. I really enjoy working out and exercising :(

Replies

• lareyna124
    Options
    Are you stretching? i had a bad knee problem but once i started stretching more after my workouts and running less and instead walking at a HIGH inlcine the pain subsided.
  • Twylyght
    Twylyght Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    My 2 suggestions are ice and ibuprofen!! They will take any swelling out of your knees and help you feel a lot better. As for low impact exercises I would concentrate on your upper body to take a break from your lower body, concentrate on your arms and core more like reverse crunches, crunches, bicep curls, tricep kick-backs and the like.
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Jillian is really hard on the knees--you really need to be careful about your form--never let the knee go past the toes, and it's really easy to forget and do it with her (same thing happened with me). What about swimming or boxing? You could try the elliptical, it's way lower impact than running...?
  • rydn4h2o
    rydn4h2o Posts: 255
    Options
    It might not hurt to take a couple of days off. I did this same thing three weeks ago while doing the C25K program, pushed through the pain and I was sidelined because of it. This week I have finally been able to workout on the stationary, but am still not comfortable walking/running. Try icing the knee as well, it may help with the pain.

Good luck, I know what you're going through!!
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I have bad knees so I usually just stay on an elliptical. I would say to make sure you stretch before and stretch for a good 15 minutes after your workouts as well. Hope you get to feeling better.
  • musicoflife08
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone! I appreciate it. :flowerforyou:
  • Mandi1968
    Mandi1968 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    SWIM! vigourous swimming is a great workout but gives your knees a break!