Does anyone have any tips for a late night snacker?

Options
2»

Replies

• ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I have a fat free sugar free pudding just about every night with cool whip. Also, have you tried Vita Muffins? They are like 100 calories and they make these chocolate ones that are so good, literally like eating dessert!
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Cereal, Cheeze Nips, Saltine Crackers, Fruit, Graham Crackers - Those are my usual night choices. I always love to have a few calories left for a little snack at night :)
  • ijustfollow
    Options
    I am a late night snacker as well...I actually eat less in the morning so that I have enough calories in the evening to snack! I have been told by trainers and nutritionist that snacking it not bad for you but actually good! if you keep your meal portions small and eat snacks in between your body is constantly digesting thus constantly using its energy (AKA calories are burning), it takes 2 hours to digest a full meal! regardless if you are up and moving or sleeping! So, with that in mind snack snack snack...I personal try to rotate one healthy snack (like celery sticks, carrots, or an apple) then next snack time one 100 cal "junk" snack (like a fiber bar, 100 cal cup of cereal, cup of yogurt). And like others have said sugar free jello or puddings are an excellent snack if you are low on calories.

- good luck!!!
    - Jess

SW: 193 (March 2011)
    CW: 180
    GW: 150
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    FAT FREE POPCORN:grumble: BETTER THAN NOTHING!!
  • CloverBlair
    Options
    the best snack i would recommend is raspberries, they have good texture, sweet enough to nix the craving, yet extremly low in cals and low on the GI, plus raspberries are one of the best fruits for you! A little handful will often do the trick for me :)
  • JP_Abstract
    Options
    Fruit, yogurt, pudding, cereal, veggies with peanut butter... and find a late night hobbie, exercise, or simply go to sleep early
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Go in your room and don't come out until the next morning:))....just kidding:))

I have a cup of tea with Truvia....works like a charm!!! Then brush your teeth and floss.....once you do all that....you're not going to want to eat anything else:))
  • ldlangford
    Options
    Hi! Lately, I've enjoyed eating red seedless grapes. Sweet tasting but healthy!
  • Rebjones612
    Rebjones612 Posts: 408
    Options
    Vitatops velvety chocolate muffins have 90 calories- you pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds and they taste like a molten chocolate cake. If you NEED sweet/chocolate it's satisfying (jello never did much for me)

If I just really want something sweet, I usually go for cantaloupe

also diet hot cocoa helps!

cantaloupe is my favorite........love it!
  • pinktoenels
    Options
    I don't know if any one suggested this but there are two things you could try make a crystal light that you like in a water bottle, I like pink lemonade and freeze it til it is almost frozen. It makes an incredible slushy! Also sugar free jello is great too! It is super sweet to me. Or cheese will actually work for a sweet craving.
  • angelaplaxton
    Options
    I can't believe all the people telling you to subsitute your evening/night snacks with surgar free or fat free jellow or whipcream!
    Thats still giving in to the craving that doesn't want you to win, and I know you want this to work for you! And It will - Keep going Girl!
    Im on this for about a week now, but on day 3 of being serious, and I have a simalar problem. I had Phili Cream Cheese Whipped, I use a tea spoon to scoop it out and put it on a 40cal 8gram 0fat unsalted plain rice cake, and smear it around. I put real powdered cinammon on it, and its really good! Be sure to take each bite gracefully, and wait till you finnish eat bite til you take another one. Taste the food, and while your tasting it, tell yourself "i'm doing it, I can do it... " remind yourself it gets hard, and there's gonna be hurddles, but let your self be aware it gets better! Be nice to yourself too :flowerforyou:
  • FAYEGLORY
    FAYEGLORY Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    BUY SOME SUGAR FREE FAT FREE PUDDING 2 BOXES, MAKE A GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST, MIX THE TWO BOXES OF PUDDING USING 3 CUPS OF MILK INSTEAD OF 4. LET IT THICKEN AND GET COLD COLD. AFTER CRUST COOLS, SPOON THE PUDDING INTO THE CRUST. TOP THE WHOLE PIE WITH SUGAR FREE COOL WHIP SET IT FREEZER FOR ABOUT 3 TO 4 HOURS, AFTER IT IS PRETTY MUCH FROZEN REMOVE FROM FREEZER CUT INTO 8 EVEN SLICES. PUT BACK IN FREEZER. WHEN YOU GO FOR A NIGHT TREAT GRAB A PIECE FROM THE FREEZER EAT WHILE FROZEN TAKES LONGER TO EAT THAT WAY AND FILLS YOU BETTER, AND SATISFY S THAT SWEET TOOTH FOR ONLY ABOUT
    Calories: 102.7
    Total Fat: 5.5 g.. DEPENDS ON THE MILK YOU USE.
    Cholesterol: 4.7 mg
    Sodium: 191.5 mg
    Total Carbs: 10.0 g
    Dietary Fiber: 0.3 g
    Protein: 0.8 g
    THIS IS IF YOU USE THE CHEESECAKE FLAVOR INSTANT PIE AND PUDDING MIX SUGAR AND FAT FREE. MY GRANDSON LOVES THIS TOO AND MY HUSBAND DOES TOO.
    GOOD LUCK ON ACHIEVING YOUR GOALS!
    FAYE G.
  • JAG1224
    JAG1224 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    i have this problem too! i try to plan my meals ahead and add an evening snack (usually around 8pm). dark chocolate jello mousse, cocoa dusted almonds, fruits or 100 calorie pack popcorn are some of the snacks i eat.. and if all else fails i try to brush my teeth to keep from going back for more. good luck!
  • BeeHummingbird
    Options
    I also have organic yogurt vanilla with frozen fruit or dried cranberries.
    I love a apple with some Almond butter on it.
    Weight watches has fabulous recipes for light deserts, and you may only want a small piece of it,
    I have purchased there books but you can get a few recipes from there site.
    And if you Google low fat recipes you be surprised what you can have that fits in with what is left in your calorie count to use up,
    they usually have it all broken down to help you out.
  • gretahausen
    Options
    I have a horrible sweet tooth. sooooooo, on the days that I don't work out (which are few) I will go to the gym to work out more than enough calories on the ol' treadmill or elliptical to enjoy 1 or 2 dove chocolates (I am a sinner and I am going to hell)

I know it is bad, but at least I have that 1 satisfaction...plus, it is a lot different from eating a whole bag of peanut butter cups (like I used to do!)
  • 1sisrat
    1sisrat Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    strawberries and whipped cream!