Mom with a young toddler, looking for some friends :)

Options
Hi everyone,
I am new to MFP and was thinking about joining WW online, when I found this site instead so I thought, why not?

I am a 34 yr old working mother to a 2 and a half yr old who keeps me busy. However, this usually means I eat whatever happens to be around, don't have time to work out and don't necessarily take great care of myself.

I currently weigh 133 lbs and would like to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight so I'd like to lose 10 pounds or so. Not a huge number, I know. But considering I'm only 5'2, any weight gain is quite noticeable. I don't fit into any of my clothes anymore and can't exactly afford to go out and buy a whole new wardrobe. Plus I'd like the energy to keep up with my toddler. I find myself so winded sometimes, it's embarrassing.

Anyway, if there is anyone in the same boat, or even if you're not, and would just like to make a new friend, just say hi!

Thanks!

Replies

• jaxsmummy
    Options
    I too have a lil one, mines four but we are about the same age. Welcome to MFP and good luck, I too am a noob :bigsmile:
  • spcopps
    spcopps Posts: 283
    Options
    I am 35 with a 7 year old DD and twin 3 year DSs. Yep my hands are full but so is my heart. I will send you a friend request now..
  • tears33
    tears33 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 34 soon to be 35 and have a 2 year old son and a 7 week old son...I know what you mean about finding time, I dont work but go to school fulltime...looking to lose about 70 lbs over all I am new here too
  • madamelaporte
    madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    oh i know where you're coming from with the eating whatevers around - all the kiddies left overs!!!! Ive managed to get to the point now where I just quickly get it in the food wastage bin before I even think of eating it :)

My son will be 3 in July and my daughter one in June :) feel free to add me :)
  • tdjones00
    tdjones00 Posts: 68
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I have a 2 year old son and I am trying to lose 10 lbs by Memorial Day. Good luck and you will lose the 10 pounds.
  • cazshe75
    cazshe75 Posts: 3
    Options
    I joined today, my little one is 1 and i suppose I can no longer call it baby weight! have to face the fact that I am now offically overweight! Good luck.
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm a mom to a beautiful 1 year old little girl :) My over all goal is to lose 100lbs. So far I'm 16lbs down :)
  • hurley41010
    Options
    WELCOME!!! I also have a toddler. Ava who will be 3 in Aug. You WILL LOVE IT here!!!! I have found this site to be extremely helpful!!! I deff. add ya :-)
  • Sden1231
    Sden1231 Posts: 61
    Options
    Hello! I have a 18 month old daughter and a 3 1/2 month old daughter. I have 30 pounds to lose. I've lost my baby weight from the second daughter and now I'm trying to lose my first daughters pregnancy weight gain, and all the weight I gained when I met my SO.
  • PecanTanDiva
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! This site is a great way to start your daily routine. I am 32 and have a set of twins that are 10. I used to be a stay at home mom a couple of years ago until I moved from NY to Florida. I now sit behind a desk all day and have gained some unwanted weight. This site allows me to log in on my phone or on my PC to track what Im eating and my daily exercise routine. It also gives me a chance to meet other people who may be able to assist me on this journey. I am now ready to look as good as I feel. Use this as your guide and if you ever feel discouraged we are all hear for any additional inspiration :flowerforyou:
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I have an 11 month old who just learned to crawl! Oh lawdy he is in to everything! LOL Add me as a friend if you would like!
  • MadisonsMom2009
    MadisonsMom2009 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi,

My daughter will 2 in a few weeks and I am also 5'2 and am on my last 10-15 pounds!! I sent you a friend request!

I have done WW and I would recommend this over WW. The only way I have time to workout is either getting up before everyone in my house and hit the gym or while my daughter is watching Dora ( her obsession). I just started beach body Insanity workout a week and half ago and am LOVING it!

Good Luck!
    Jackie :)
  • louell33
    louell33 Posts: 85
    Options
    Hi there, I too am a mummy to a 8yr old boy and a 2 yr old girl, I started just over 3 weeks ago and the site really is supportive, no matter what ur personal goal is. I am sooo impressed with some of the knowledge, everyday people have out there and they can really inspire you - especially in the low moments. I will send u a friend request. Good luck with your goal!!:happy:
  • clubqueen
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!
    I know there is an amazing support system here, so I am looking forward to reading your stories and hopefully provide support myself.

I hear that the "last 10 pounds" are the hardest to lose, so I guess I'll find out soon enough.

I started this plan yesterday and am allowed 1200 calories a day. I was so hungry by the time evening came around and had already gone through all my alloted calories. I ended up going over by 34 calories, which I guess isn't bad considering it was my first day. But it'll take my stomach a few days to get used to the new routine. I just hope my co-workers don't hear my stomach growl! :P
  • madamelaporte
    madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I have 8lb left to lose and also have 1200 calories but struggle to use all mine most days :(
  • lisam724
    lisam724 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm 32 and also have a 2 and a half year old !
  • marielw
    marielw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 36 and have a 14 month old son. I know how you feel about never having time to exercise or take care of yourself. Snap!
    Feel free to send me a friend request! Good luck with your weight loss! :happy:
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kids....8 6 and 18months so I know about time and not enough of it even though I am a stay at home mom.

I find pre prep is key that and communicating clearly with my hubby on how I need him to help or what kid he needs to cover in the scheduling rotation.

If you don't have a lot of time maybe you can try a safety zone cooler of snacks or go to foods in your car or fridge that you fill up at night maybe 2x a week when the kids are finally asleep.

Cut veggies, water, nuts, berries, gum, whatever....heck you can even get one going for your toddler too since they are constant snackers and will be waiting to see what you pull out of your bag for them.

Good luck in your journey and add us as friends in the fight
  • loria30
    loria30 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'll be 33 in a week and a half and my DD just turned 3 a week and a half ago! Welcome! I'm also looking for those last 10 pounds (I think...unless toning up at this weight makes me happy, then I'll stay here).

I've personally recently finished up my daughter's pancakes more than once in the last few weeks, and didn't log it....so yes, I've done the "finishing food" thing also.

I'll send you a request. Welcome!
  • clubqueen
    Options
    @mom23nuts: Good idea! I'll have to start doing that more often. I find that time is usually an issue but if I plan ahead, I can do a lot better.