Breast feeding mom - how to incorporate in goals?

hotcinnababy
hotcinnababy Posts: 4
edited September 26 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all, I'm new here and looking to maintain my weight. I'm at a good spot post-baby #2, back to my pre-pregnancy weight and breastfeeding, so I'm logging here to make sure I don't gain once I'm done breastfeeding and to be more aware of the fats and calories in the foods we eat as a family.

So here is my deal - the goal mfp is giving me is around 1450 daily. I'm usually around 2200-2500 to maintain my weight with breastfeeding which is burning off about 300 calories/day. Does anyone know of a way to incorporate that into the goal at this point. I'm at my goal calorie intake by 2pm and by 3pm I'm starving again. With my first baby I was way down about 10 lbs from my ideal until I finished breastfeeding, but I'd kind of like to keep my clothes fitting me this time around. Any thoughts on how to alter goals to incorporate calorie loss other than exercise?

Thanks!

Replies

• Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    There is a breastfeeding entry in the Food database. That would help if you know how much your baby is taking in at each feeding. I hope that helps!
  • Asomething
    Asomething Posts: 61 Member
    I've always heard you need at least 500 extra calories per day when you are breastfeeding. There is a way to customize your calories, I'm just not sure how to do it!!
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    I saw another thread yesterday on this, and they suggested sticking in 500 calories a day as exercise, or manually increasing your calorie allowance by that.
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    I saw another thread yesterday on this, and they suggested sticking in 500 calories a day as exercise, or manually increasing your calorie allowance by that.

This is a good idea, but it also depends on how old your baby is, and whether or not they are exclusively breastfeeding.
  • LittleWub
    LittleWub Posts: 31 Member
    Put breastfeeding in as a food. It gives you minus calories. There's a wide choice of amounts of breast feeding to choose from. Obviously unless your expressing it will be a guess. It's supposed to be 500 calories to exclusively breastfeed an infant. I'm just feeding twice a day now so I've chosen 200 calories, that seems to be working for me. Good luck!
  • Thanks so much, I'll check the database, it would be great to have the additional negative calories! We're still exclusive at this point and since I'm at work I'm actually expressing a bit more than she's taking in, so the hunger really set in when I returned to work!
This discussion has been closed.