I keep losing weight, I'm convinced the scale is broken!!!!

Options
I have consistently lost weight over the last two weeks (8 lbs), more and more consistent than I have ever done in the past. I am convinced the scale is breaking and I'm really not losing it...how sad is that? Am I the only one who's failed so many times that I am skeptical of success?

Replies

• happymommy2010
    Options
    I started this past friday and i got on the scale today..it stated I lost 3.8 pounds already...And I have gotten back on the scale 4 times to just make sure. I too have failed at so many other things. I am highly dedicated to this already and I see it working. Please feel free to add me!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Definitely not the only one thats felt that way!
    If you arent already, start taking measurements monthly pics. On many occasions, those extra bits of proof have kicked me in the pants and made it click for me. Keep at it! Youre doing great!
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Girl...I feel ya!! I was losing weight.....and went out and bought a second scale to make sure the first one was right!! I still sometimes check myself on both....even though I am cutting back on that now!!!
  • kimmshaw77
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!! I am so glad my friend turned me onto this site...I've never felt so supported before!
  • reikimastertchr
    Options
    Hi..YES. I definately relate!! Sometimes I walk into the bathroom...catch a glimpse of myself. And stop... cuz I can now SEE the difference! Keep up tge great work & feel free to "friend" me... I still have a long way to go & would love to encourage others and hopefully get some..
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Girl...I feel ya!! I was losing weight.....and went out and bought a second scale to make sure the first one was right!! I still sometimes check myself on both....even though I am cutting back on that now!!!

I did the exact same thing. lol Sometimes I still weigh on both just to see if they say the same thing. The strange thing is they sometimes match up exactly and sometimes one will weigh me about 1-2lbs lighter than the other. I always stick with the higher number though

We're silly creatures.
  • jgskinny
    jgskinny Posts: 15
    Options
    I do the same thing! I weigh myself at work and at home, but my work scale is on the lighter side! So we went to buy a new scale at home! Both are still different! Both still going down! But i want them to have the same #'s
  • Clinton1074
    Clinton1074 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have a digital scale and I am about ready to go buy a doctors scale, due to my distrust of the scale. I always weigh myself two or three times expecting it to go back up.
  • dawnelaine96
    dawnelaine96 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Definitely not the only one thats felt that way!
    If you arent already, start taking measurements monthly pics. On many occasions, those extra bits of proof have kicked me in the pants and made it click for me. Keep at it! Youre doing great!

I agree with this. The first 8 lbs came off fast but after that it slowed down. Sometimes I plateau for a week or two and don't lose anything, then I'll lose 2-5 lbs and then plateau again. Quite often when you're not losing weight on the scale, you're still showing a difference with the measuring tape. Taking your measurements weekly will keep you motivated, when you are plateauing (spelling?)
  • Shellz206
    Shellz206 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I thought the same way when I first started with MFP! You're not alone!
  • silhouettes
    silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    My weight is weird like this.. there are weeks that go by and I keep going up and down, up and down.. then one day I lost 3-4 lbs out of nowhere and I'm scared it'll come back.. but it never does.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling the same way! I weigh in & I have to weigh 2 more times immediately after that just to make sure lol...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!