Ideas that are fast and easy PLEASE

Options
I need ideas for food, meals and snacks mostly snacks that are fast and easy to do. I need something that I can just go and get and not really think about it. Oh and they have to be good too!
Ready GO!

PS thanks!

Replies

• modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Hummus and veggies! While it may be a little high in fat it is good fat and is a really good for you fuel!
    Even if it is w/o hummus, always have pre-cut veggies ready to go in your fridge then you can always reach for them.
  • mmellor
    mmellor Posts: 146
    Options
    when I'm in a hurry I love cheese strings - they're quick and easy! Another idea is to prepare a weeks worth of snacks you enjoy in ziplock bags, then all you have to do is grab one and go
  • rebeccaS85
    rebeccaS85 Posts: 141
    Options
    I agree veggies are always good to have in the fridge. Fresh fruit. I keep 100 calorie snacks around the house for when I need something sweet.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    ANything can be fast if you take a day (or a couple of hours) to prep things. Buy bigger bozes/bulk of food you enjoy eating already and prep them in small packages (MAYBE an hour after the kids go to bed) then you dont have to think, either when you eat it or hand it to the kids.

I grill chicken breasts 2-3 at a time for eating & salads.

Chopping a bunch of veggies and having your favorite hummus, dressing, dip handy is always helpful

DONT BUY THE STUFF YOU DONT WANT TO BE EATING
    (start reducing the junk in the kids diet IF they eat stuff you dont want to be eating)
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    snacks- bananas, clementines, almonds (they have little bags of cocoa roasted almonds that you can buy at the store in a mix, really yummy looking, low calorie and low sodium!)
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Apples!
  • Hemis_mom
    Hemis_mom Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I love nuts!! Almonds, mixed nuts, cashews. As long as you count them out they are not that bad for you!! I have been eating a ton of nuts and have lost weight!! I just count them out and log them in!!

I also enjoy rice cakes with almond butter or peanut butter or hummus!! Love hummus or just plain is fine with me too! I try to do multigrain or brown rice cakes.

I also eat microwave popcorn (a whole bag of light is 210 calories) or you can get the 100 calorie packs

Fruit is also a good option grab a plum, apple, pear very satisfying and good for you snack!!
  • lulutm
    lulutm Posts: 57
    Options
    Greek yogurt...
    1/2 an apple and 1 tbsp peanut butter...
    A banana and 1 tbsp peanut butter....
    A handful of walnuts + a mini box of raisins....

1178051.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jamebugg
    jamebugg Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Soynuts :flowerforyou:
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Snacks: Veggies, Fruits, Nuts, Cereal, Pudding snacks, Skinny cow ice cream

Meals: Crock pot meals, Salads, Sandwiches
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    Apple and Almond Butter

I was so hungry today I ran home from work and cut up an apple measured out 2 TB of almond butter into a container with the apple and drove back to work all in less than 5 minutes!! :wink: ok, so I live 1/2 mile from work, but still!! quick and yummy!!
  • armywife26
    armywife26 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    this is awesome! Thank you! I really do have to get going on the prep I HAVE to take the time! Thank you all of the insperation!