A question for any woman who knows....

Options
2»

Replies

• tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    After 9 months of this I am finally starting to see my tummy slim. And I was even taking an abs class 2 times a week that whole time. It differs from person to person. But stick with it, you'll get there!
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Why is it that my already small boobs get smaller! You don't have to answer that!

I come from a family that gains in the belly and keeps it. Last March I looked pregnant! Spring came and I upped my cardio. I was walking 5 days a week, about 40 min. each day. I started the couchto5k. I did it 3 days a week, still walked the other 2. I also do weights for upper body on the run days. That is when I noticed a difference in the belly going away. I looked better at 120 than I previously did at 115.
    Since I am back on the treadmill for winter I've changed my 3 day routine. I still do 3 mi. but mix the weights into it. Walk, run, walk, weights, walk, run, walk, weight.......
    Happy exercising!
    Kelly
  • NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I think the first place I lose weight is my chest :grumble: and upper torso area. The last to go is my spare tire and thighs. *Sigh* That's unfortunate.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options
    when you first start losing weight, where do you see it first?
    all my weight is mainly in my tummy and it doesn't seem like i'm seeing it there at all.

HELPP!!!:sad:

Some pretty smart people (like songbyrdsweet, banks....) have said that we all have a "problem area" some people have the thighs/hips, some people have the mid-section as their problem area.

For instance, if you are a "pear" shape - you will lose the weight LAST in the hips/thighs. If you are an "apple" shape - you will lose the weight LAST in the mid-section. And apparently if you are a woman - according to this thread.....you will lose it in the "girls" first. WAH. I have extra in the "girls" department - - if anyone wants 'em....:wink:
  • vanessadawn
    Options
    I think your shape and genetics affect it too. I have some native in my family history and I noticed that people with native heritage tend to keep it in their tummy area quite a bit. But eventually my belly will be all gone hopefully :bigsmile:
  • kelhun1
    kelhun1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I melt from the head down...I've never lost enough to make it all the way to my chunky knees and ankles!:grumble:
  • arjames82
    Options
    My boobs:cry: And boy would I like those back. The smaller my boobs get, the bigger my belly looks:angry:

I carry most of my weight in my stomach and back. My arms and legs have gotten pretty lean since I've been eating healthy and working out. I can see biceps and quads without flexing:drinker: Unfortuantely, I still look like the Michelin Man in the middle:grumble:
  • kelhun1
    kelhun1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I melt from the head down...I've never lost enough to make it all the way to my chunky knees and ankles!:grumble:

How did I post this twice?? Sorry!
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    While I lose in the face, legs, arms, butt

my tummy is the last to go. :frown:

(And I never lose weight in my boobs, only increase size there. Stupid boobs.:mad: )

:mad: Same here!! I've gone from a pants size 16-18 to (now) a size 4, but my boobs are still double d's. WTH??? The band size did decrease (36 to 32) but not the frickin' cup size. Hubby, however, has nooooooo complaints. LIttle brat - he doesn't have to deal with wardrobe issues! :laugh:
  • monica5237
    Options
    I always loose it in my boobs too i was a 44 ddd and now I am a 36 d I still have a big belly but as you can see I have lost in my waist but my belly is still big but it is smaller than it was!!!
  • yesIcan
    yesIcan Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I was told that women typically lose it in the face and arms first, followed by the stomach and lastly the legs and hips. Hips and legs are apparently the hardest place to lose fat for women.

For men, I was told typically lose in the face and arms, then hips and legs and lastly the stomach. Stomach is apparently the hardest place to lose for men.

I usually see it in my face and stomach first.

At least its easier for us women to lose weight in the stomach, because thats where its important. Round stomach is one big indicator for diabetes and cardiovascular health...etc.