First NSV! Pants! FITTING! YAY!!!

Options
I stepped on the scale today and saw a big drop from yesterday, which was awesome! But I noticed something else... my pants felt baggier. Now, I know that's in part because I haven't washed them in a few days (yep, I'm one of those people that doesn't do laundry every day, haha), and they get looser with wear, but... this was more than that.

So I got home today and for yuks decided to try on a pair of pants that I have in the closet that I could, a few months ago, barely zip up. Yes. THEY FIT. THEY FIT THEY FIT THEY FIT!!!!!

So this is working... it's not just a figment of my imagination! Real tangible proof! The proof is in the pants!

Oh I am looking forward to so many more experiences like this. It feels amazing.

Replies

• marisa_munches
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! That's a really good NSV! :)
  • ktanderson05
    ktanderson05 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! And I love how you say that the proof is in the pants! LOL
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Uhm what is NSV?

but more importantly - YAYA!! I would be screaming from mountain tops!! Keep up all that hard work! :drinker:
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

NSV is non-scale victory, as far as I've gathered from forum-lurking. :) And yes... I basically am screaming from the mountain tops. At least, inside my head I am. I giggled and gave a few little squeaks when I was trying the pants on in my room as well.

Eeeeee! It's just so easy for me to think everything is in my head that it's nice to have some real, tangible proof in front of me. So motivating, too!
  • ajk828
    ajk828 Posts: 335
    Options
    What a fantastic accomplishment :) GREAT JOB!!!!
  • Laelee
    Laelee Posts: 36
    Options
    Yes yes yes! I'm so happy for you! SO nice to see your hard work paying off!
  • julie_a_griffin
    julie_a_griffin Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That's brilliant hon :D
  • javamonster
    javamonster Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Who-hooo! It's a great feeling when the results show up in how your clothes fit, not just numbers on the scale!! And I like that too - 'the proof is in the pants!' :-D
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Well done to you!

i love that when old things fit...

i tried on a pair of old pre pregnancy jeans about a month ago and my partner told me i need to lose a bit more so they don't look so tight. then i tried them on this week, and the bum was all saggy and loose, so i've just skipped through that pair, they are no good... obviously my shape has totally changed. the bum is smaller, the belly is bigger (thanks kids).

so i will need new jeans real soon i think.
  • irisannRN
    irisannRN Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Congrats !!! That is always the BEST feeling! I have a few pants that I have been able to squeeze into recently but also still some that I cannot. Keeps me in check and reminds me of my goals !
  • helen8297
    helen8297 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :D xx
  • loodoo87
    loodoo87 Posts: 33
    Options
    yay well done, i cant wait to get to that stage! just wish it was quicker! :) x
  • CP533
    CP533 Posts: 10
    Options
    Yay!
    The exact same thing happened to me yesterday! Like you, my jeans were getting too loose, thought it was because they need a wash...tried on some old ones just to see and they fit perfectly! My fiance came home from work and asked 'are they new jeans?' - I was so happy, not fitted into them comfortably for several years! x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!