209lbs down to 154lbs, via 182lbs!

Options
Hello!

I've made a few comments on posts today, so I thought I should introduce myself.

Name: Rosie
Height: 5'5.5"
Start Weight: 209lbs (as of 7 April 2011)
Current Weight: 204lbs (as of 15 April 2011)
Initial Goal Weight: 182lbs by 20 August 2011 (Edit: according to my ticker, the middle goal was 172lbs, so let's go with that!)
Final Goal Weight: 154lbs (possibly lower, depending on how it looks when I get there! Possibly higher, if I'm happy.)

I've been working on a 1200cal/day diet for the last twelve days or so, plus doing as much walking as I can - between ten minutes when I was ill and over an hour at a time - as I currently have a ruined Achilles (may have torn it in the recent past, waiting on results) I can't do much more. I can't swim, and unfortunately have had to give up roller derby for the time being while my ankle is fixed.

In August I will be doing a skydive to raise money for the Richard Winters Leadership Project/Jumping for Heroes, which is a cause that is very close to my heart. We're aiming to have a memorial placed in Normandy, next June 6th, in honour of the often-forgotten junior officers who fought there during WWII.

My goal for that point is 182lbs, or 13 stone, purely because I'll be meeting a lot of people I admire and would like to not feel too self-conscious about irrelevant issues such as my appearance. Also, I'd quite like to be sure the parachute is going to hold!

After that point, I'd like to continue losing around another 30lbs, depending on how it looks. I'm naturally more hour-glass in shape and as long as I'm a healthy weight, I don't want to over-slim.

Below are pics from tonight, to show you how I am now. These are after losing 5lbs in the first week (I guess my body was keen to get rid of it!) - hopefully in a few more months I'll put some new ones on the Successes board.

BeforePic-Front-19April2010-204lbs.jpgBeforePic-Side-19April2011-204lbs.jpgBeforePic-Back-19April2011-204lbs.jpg

(Yes, those knees are quite crooked, aren't they? ;) )

Replies

• klowery
    klowery Posts: 1
    Options
    Good luck! Don't give up. There are many supportive and awesome people here to help.
  • staciekins
    staciekins Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Wow. You look really good for being over 200 (no offense please) I weigh less than you and look heavier. You are lucky to have a good figure. Keep up the good work!!!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    It's GREAT to meet you!!! MFP is AWESOME as I'm sure you are finding out :smile: Your body build reminds me of mine... I'm heavier right now than you and you are slightly taller than I am...
    Good luck and I admire you for getting involved with such a worthy cause.... and skydiving... How exciting!! :drinker:
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    hi welcome and gd luck:flowerforyou:
  • rosiedoes
    rosiedoes Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I'm lucky in that I carry weight all over, rather than too centrally around my tummy, but I've still a lot to get rid of.

Your kind words and support are appreciated! :) Such a nice welcome.
  • darconnor
    darconnor Posts: 49
    Options
    @ StacieI was sooo saying the same thing!

You are a fabulous 200+. We weigh about the same; I would be complacent if I had a waist! You are fortunate to be so well-proportioned. Best wishes on your continued journey. Have fun and be healthy!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'm sure you will attain your goals. BTW, I think it's fantastic that you are working for **** Winters, he continues to be an inspiration to me. Keep us posted on things!

Ted
  • rosiedoes
    Options
    Thanks, Ted. If you're interested in the project I'm sure you can google it and get involved. I don't know if I'm really allowed to link it here, even if it's a charitable thing.

I can tell you that the cast will be doing jumps for the project, and mine will take place close to Upottery, with the UK-based boys. It's going to be a big challenge!
  • NabzStar
    NabzStar Posts: 13
    Options
    Welcome! I just wanted to day that you do not look 200lbs whatsoever, you look a lot less :)
    Good luck on your weightloss!
  • staciekins
    staciekins Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    @ StacieI was sooo saying the same thing!

You are a fabulous 200+. We weigh about the same; I would be complacent if I had a waist! You are fortunate to be so well-proportioned. Best wishes on your continued journey. Have fun and be healthy!

Oh I carry the majority of my weight in my midsection and it reallly SUCKS!!!
  • MotherofDREAMS
    Options
    Best of Luck to you!
    You sound like a fun-loving gal!
    Thanks for posting & Keep your head in the game & you'll do well!
  • Kjandcuttysmom
    Kjandcuttysmom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I so agree with everyone! You look great! Keep up the good work. You definitely have more of a waist than I do. You're beautiful. Shine
  • CWRose
    CWRose Posts: 62
    Options
    Your shape is soooooooo similar to mine it's scary. But after seeing your pics, you look GREAT already comparatively speaking, and I have just about the same amount of weight to lose as you do, so I guess what I'm getting at is maybe I don't look as bad as I thought. Not to make it about me just that seeing your pics was almost like looking at me. You just made me feel a little better about myself. So, Thank you!!! :) And, everything your involved with just ROCKS, wow, that is just great!
  • rosiedoes
    Options
    Your shape is soooooooo similar to mine it's scary. But after seeing your pics, you look GREAT already comparatively speaking, and I have just about the same amount of weight to lose as you do, so I guess what I'm getting at is maybe I don't look as bad as I thought. Not to make it about me just that seeing your pics was almost like looking at me. You just made me feel a little better about myself. So, Thank you!!! :) And, everything your involved with just ROCKS, wow, that is just great!

Aw, that's awesome! I don't hate my body as it is, but I do struggle to find clothes that fit because of the difference between my waist/bust/hips. It makes me feel like a cartoon! ;) I'm so pleased that seeing my pics has helped you feel better about yourself - that's incredibly cool. We can totally do this!

Also: thank you! :D