NSV!!! Celebrate!!

Options
Okay so there is a lot of doom and gloom that goes on in our everyday lives not to mention on the site with our struggles and what not.... So post your NSV's so we can all read and enjoy and maybe some will be motivated to work that much harder this week!! I know I've got a lot of friends that are so close to mini goal they have set and maybe this will help you and them get through the finish.

My NSV is that today i finally pulled up and button my size12 lucky jeans that i've been wanting to get into since i started this journey. Now don't get me wrong i won't be wearing them out yet as I have at least an inch before they are the "pefect fit" But they are up and buttoned non the less when i started this i couldn't pull them up so SUPER NSV today.

Please share! And congrats!

Replies

• Plumpqt
    Plumpqt Posts: 156
    Options
    What does NSV mean?
  • MMieure
    MMieure Posts: 48
    Options
    Non Scale Victory :o)
  • kelligonzales
    Options
    What does NSV mean?

Oops: Non Scale Victory!!!! so you notice your clothes fit better, your running a faster time, and such sorry about that.
  • aeckels616
    aeckels616 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    My NSV is that I ran 2 5Ks today and shaved 5 minutes off my best time for the first, and 6 minutes off the second. The first time I have ever run a 5 K without walking was two days ago, and I ended up doing two then also.
  • Plumpqt
    Plumpqt Posts: 156
    Options
  • oreyna49
    oreyna49 Posts: 152
    Options
    Way to go Kelli...keep up the good work =)
  • kelligonzales
    Options
    My NSV is that I ran 2 5Ks today and shaved 5 minutes off my best time for the first, and 6 minutes off the second. The first time I have ever run a 5 K without walking was two days ago, and I ended up doing two then also.

That is so awesome, I'm still working on my one mile... i hate running but i went from 12 to 10 min mile ha ha ha
  • kelligonzales
    Options
    Way to go Kelli...keep up the good work =)

thanks its been a trying road but i finally got there!
  • gillianjoon
    gillianjoon Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My NSV is that I can use the eliptical for 45mins at 7 incline and 7 resistance when I started 40 days ago I could barely go for 15mins at 4 incline and 1 resistance without collapsing :happy:
  • nikkirosem
    nikkirosem Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    How about eating broccoli and a 90 calorie granola bar for a snack instead of lemon bread or muffins from the staff room? :laugh:
  • kelligonzales
    Options
    My NSV is that I can use the eliptical for 45mins at 7 incline and 7 resistance when I started 40 days ago I could barely go for 15mins at 4 incline and 1 resistance without collapsing :happy:

That is awesome!! That is such a great victory too. :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • kelligonzales
    Options
    How about eating broccoli and a 90 calorie granola bar for a snack instead of lemon bread or muffins from the staff room? :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: That is a TOTAL NSV!!! :laugh: :laugh: Yummy i want lemon bread :laugh: :laugh:
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Great Job Kelli!!

My NSV for today would be...going grocery shopping tonight, and eating dinner before I go instead of eating McDonalds while I'm there.
  • beckyhope
    beckyhope Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My NSV is that today i finally pulled up and button my size12 lucky jeans that i've been wanting to get into since i started this journey. Now don't get me wrong i won't be wearing them out yet as I have at least an inch before they are the "pefect fit" But they are up and buttoned non the less when i started this i couldn't pull them up so SUPER NSV today.

That's so great Kelli! Woo hoo! You are doing so good! Plus a 10 minute mile is amazing! Keep it up girl!

Mine is running my first 5k on Saturday in 29:07 with an average mile speed of around 9 minutes! Plus having my size 10 Lucky's falling off of me!
  • kelligonzales
    Options
    Great Job Kelli!!

My NSV for today would be...going grocery shopping tonight, and eating dinner before I go instead of eating McDonalds while I'm there.

that is a good one i bought about 20 more that i normally do cause i went after the gym.
  • kelligonzales
    Options

That's so great Kelli! Woo hoo! You are doing so good! Plus a 10 minute mile is amazing! Keep it up girl!

Mine is running my first 5k on Saturday in 29:07 with an average mile speed of around 9 minutes! Plus having my size 10 Lucky's falling off of me!

Congrats! That is sooo great and an awesome time on your 5k run again congrats!!
  • skinnygirlfreed
    Options
    I've worked out a.m. & p.m. the last two days! :) I'm having a super-motivated week! If it shows up on the scale next week - awesome. If not, I know I did my best!
  • kelligonzales
    Options
    I've worked out a.m. & p.m. the last two days! :) I'm having a super-motivated week! If it shows up on the scale next week - awesome. If not, I know I did my best!

two a days are not easy that is for sure!! awesome job lady keep it up if it doesn't show on the scale i bet it will in measurments!!
  • aeckels616
    aeckels616 Posts: 210 Member
    Options

That is so awesome, I'm still working on my one mile... i hate running but i went from 12 to 10 min mile ha ha ha

That's a significant difference, good job! I can't do much faster than a 10 minute mile either.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I am already able to tolerate activity better. I was easily fatigued during my Scotland trip, my knees were incredibly painful, bad leg cramps and I had to choose to skip a few things. My recent three day camping at the Coachella Music Festival, I danced, walked, got up and down multiple times from the grounds and felt much more active and now have much less problems with cramps.

I also have one pair of jeans that still fit without the threat of falling down ;)