Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Elliptical Question

lklein
lklein Posts: 215 Member
For those of you who use the elliptical maybe you can help me. I have been experiencing pain in the pad of my feet when I use the elliptical, and I don’t experience this when I’m running on the treadmill. I’m wondering if this is because with running there is a heel to toe movement and on the elliptical the pad of the foot never leaves (the heel just comes up), which puts more pressure on it. Or maybe I have the wrong form?

Any feedback would be helpful.

Replies

• RachelReady2Run
    RachelReady2Run Posts: 40 Member
    I experience the same thing... I just try to shift my feet and that seems to help. Sometimes I change the angles of my feet from my toes being straight to slightly outward. I'm curious to see what others have to say!
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    I don't have pain but I get the 'pins and needles' in my feet. I think the pain and stuff is from just not lifting your feet. Try stopping every little bit andlifting your feet or walking around for a few seconds. Get the blood flowing right again.
  • jmlitton33
    jmlitton33 Posts: 35 Member
    I had that when I first started. It's because your feet are flat on the ground and not used to the kind of movement, which makes it hard on your feet for a while. I've been doing this for quite some time, and it has gone away. If anything, it's helped out my feet because I have flat feet. Walking and running hurts my feet! Hope this has helped!
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 567 Member
    I get the "pins and needles" too. I try to move my foot around every 5 minutes or so... and I don't do more than 30 minutes.
  • lildazey
    lildazey Posts: 86 Member
    I am the opposite, I get the pain when I run on the treadmil, but not when I'm on the elliptical.
  • ItsMandeeBitch
    ItsMandeeBitch Posts: 159 Member
    You should make sure to hold on the handles and try to concentrate into putting your weight on your heels. You get this pain because you are walking on your toes...Also try more potassium and water for regulation. It takes a while to relax and hold the weight on your heels but it works...
  • Perhaps a gentle warm-up for your feet, or massaging the bottom of your feet.
  • mapplem2
    mapplem2 Posts: 9 Member
    The same thing happens to me and it really sucks becaue I like to do an hour at least and they start to hurt after about 10 min! I try to focus on involving my heel in the motion and I do circuits of front and back... the backward step involves more heel so it gives the balls of my feet a little break.
  • blondie1121
    blondie1121 Posts: 15 Member
    My feet get really cold when I'm on the eliptical, it's bizare!! And definitely pain in the balls of my feet. I thought I might need new work out shoes, but sounds like it's pretty common??
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    I get the tingling every so often. I just make sure to move my feet, try a different angle, go backwards instead of forwards, push down on my heels for a few counts and then my toes for a few counts, etc. Just moving the feet gets the blood flowing again.