This is do-able. I can do it!

Options
I joined the site the day I downloaded the app to my EVO on April 4, 2011. The first week was a tuffy, I've never been able to get past the first week because I would take a rest period of two to three days after doing some cardio exercises to rest my aching muscles and I would never start up the exercises again. That's happened about two to three times before in the past. This time is different. I was able to get past the first week, without taking a rest period; I'm exercising seven days a week.

I started with a weight of 169.8 lbs and I want to get down to about 150-155 lbs. I'm currently at 164.4 lbs. I lost 5.4 lbs in a two week period since I started. This is do-able and I can accomplish it, I need to lose the weight that I put on in the past three years. I may have to buy new jeans when I reach my goal because as of now I've lost about an inch off my waist.

Replies

• hooma
    hooma Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Yes you can do it! I've lost 7 lbs so far, still have lots to go, but that's 7 lbs more than I believed I could've lost before MFP!
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Yes you can. This is a great place to be. Congrats on your weight loss. Good luck on your continued journey. This site has helped me lose 81 pounds since July 4, 2010. I love it here, lots of great friends and support. Feel free to add me as a friend, we can help motivate each other.
  • ktanderson05
    ktanderson05 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Yes you can do it! Just take it day by day, and know that you are never alone!
  • rosiedoes
    rosiedoes Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You totally can! If you think about it, it's really only a bag of groceries in weight - you can shift that.

I've really found that this website has helped me keep track and keep on top of my daily routine and calorie intake. Even if it's just walking, you can do some every day, even if your muscles are sore. ;)
  • C00ki3M0nst3r
    Options
    Yes I can. I'm giving myself about 3-4 months to do it in. But if I average about 5-5.5 lbs every two weeks then I should be at my goal weight in about 2 months or about 1.5 months from now. And as gift to myself for achieving this I'm going to buy a new pair of jeans, which I know I will have to anyways after reaching my goal weight as my waist size will be different.
  • julie_a_griffin
    julie_a_griffin Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You can do it :D You're doing well!