just wondering, need help with somthing
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    I am....but I am not sure if I can help? I can try. :happy:

dd
  • kellyhough17
    Options
    I did a spell to lose weight, then I told my husband I did a spell and now I am afraid I broke it because I told sombody about it. Can this happen? Can your spell get weaker if you tell someone about it.
  • bosehexe
    Options
    Hi, I am also pagan, and I do not think that your spell got weaker with telling your husband.

Blessed Be
  • RLCoach
    RLCoach Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Just interested, but what is a pagan?
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    RL

Princeton WordNet
    paganism pagan religion heathenism
    "Any of various religions other than Christianity or Judaism or Islamism"

What is Paganism? An Impartial Overview

"Paganism is a religion of nature, in other words Pagans revere Nature. Pagans see the divine as immanent in the whole of life and the universe

Pagan Federation International

"Paganism is a spiritual way of life which has its roots in the ancient nature religions of the world. It is principally rooted in the old religions of Europe, though some adherents also find great worth in the indigenous beliefs of other countries. Such belief in the sacredness of all things can be found world-wide. Pagans see this as their heritage, and retain the beliefs and values of their ancestors in forms adapted to suit modern life. We celebrate the sanctity of Nature, revering the Divine in all things; the vast, unknowable spirit that runs through the universe, both seen and unseen."

Pulled this off google because I wanted a standardized answer for you. but really there is none. I think the top one is the closest. I have no opinion because I have no knowledge, but I am sure there is good and bad in any religion if you look for it. I am a Christian, but know many others who have chosen a different path. your best answer is to do some research and see how you feel about it. RJ
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    paganism pagan religion heathenism

What is the definition of heathenism?
    a. One who adheres to the religion of a people or nation that does not acknowledge the God of Judaism, Christianity, or Islam.
    b. Such persons considered as a group; the unconverted.
    a. One who is regarded as irreligious, uncivilized, or unenlightened.
    b. Such persons considered as a group.
    I do not agree with 2a.....:indifferent:

Today, Paganism (neo-paganism) celebrates the Earth, living creatures, nature, and so on. Most modern-day pagans believe in more than one god, while others are atheistic.

dd:happy:
  • g0g1rl
    g0g1rl Posts: 7
    Options
    more knowledgeable followers of the old ways, correct me if I am wrong but if a spell is sort of... driven by one's will than if you lose the resolve behind your spell for some reason than it will loose potency... that seems to make sense to me anyway... I would actually appreciate feedback on this.
  • christelpistol
    christelpistol Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    so mote it be.
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, a spell is a way of directing your attention and your subconcious thoughts towards something. A weight loss spell will not work unless you work it. We can't trust everything to the gods. Things like weight loss can be helped along, and certainly a spell will help you increase your willpower, but you can't continue to eat whatever you like and expect to lose weight. And I don't believe telling people you have done a spell will make it less powerful. I, personally, choose to never tell people when I have done a spell. I believe it's a highly personal thing to appeal to the gods to help you along with something. Just a little pagan opinion for you. :flowerforyou:
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options

Yes. If you throw salt over your left shoulder and then say "Beatlejuice" three times, your spell will be restored and you'll loose 20 pounds in 10 days.

I garontee!

So THAT'S what I've been doing wrong. Darnit!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I did a spell to lose weight, then I told my husband I did a spell and now I am afraid I broke it because I told sombody about it. Can this happen? Can your spell get weaker if you tell someone about it.

Yes. If you throw salt over your left shoulder and then say "Beatlejuice" three times, your spell will be restored and you'll loose 20 pounds in 10 days.

I garontee!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    It is your energy you put out there, so only you can make it "weaker". Don't get discouraged! Just believe!