Vitamin C

Options
Can you really have too much of it? I had maybe 1oz of orange juice and then a cup of strawberries and it said I went over on that. I'm just wondering.

Replies

• krystleRD
    krystleRD Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I take a vitamin c and a vitamin A thru Z... So I dont think its to much..
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    Your body pull out the extra you cannot have any trouble from it.I usually eat 5 whole lemon :) never had a problem from it. I am a lemon addicted person :P
  • LyonInLondon
    LyonInLondon Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    From what I know - simply, No. It's a water soluble vitamin. When I feel like I'm getting ill, I take up to 4000mg a day (spread through the day, with loads of water), it surprisingly helps.
  • jsmith2377
    jsmith2377 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    No, you can't get too much. It's a water soluble vitamin. The claims that taking a lot is good for you is misleading. While it is important to get 100%, your body can only absorb that 100%. Anymore gets flushed out in your urine.
  • Leela30
    Leela30 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    yup. exactly
  • Taras630
    Taras630 Posts: 85
    Options
    That's ironic you ask that. I was wondering the same! Today I went OVER 479% (total 579%) I was worried that might be a bad thing!
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I've learned that we can safely take in the upper limit of about 2000mg per day safely. While megadosing on the occasion (4000mg-ish for a few days during a cold) will not be likely to harm you, longer periods of megadosing may cause abdominal cramps, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and kidney stones.

We are all different and each of our bodies have different levels of tolerance.. Listen to your body. :)