Opinion on Bicycle route..

Options
Bikemap-1.png

Im not sure if that picture is gonna be huge or not... so sorry if it is lol..

Ok, this is what i did before.. About 2.6 miles in less than 20.. I only did this MAYBE for about a 3 days one week. Im sure I could still do the same time, but should I do more? Or should I do the same and work my way up??

I used the map just to give you an idea of where i would ride.. i have a sidewalks on either side of the parkway so no need for avoiding things.. lol and i think a little further down is a bike trail... But im a little too weary of goin on trails right NOW because they go allll around the woods behind homes and yeaaa.. lol

So... Opinions?

Replies

• NAMsMommy
    NAMsMommy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I can't see it :(
  • nolafitchick
    nolafitchick Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    you may need to edit your post so the image ends with [/IMG] (you left off the /)
  • SayLiLIG
    SayLiLIG Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Grr, im trying to get it to work.. i got the picture, but now its like cutting off my start point
  • newbeautifulme
    Options
    How did you feel after you did it? I just got a new bike this weekend and did this route: http://runkeeper.com/user/186832214/activity/32138050

Personally, I want to keep the same time of about 40 minutes and work on increasing my speed and distance. I was averaging 8.14 MPH (but I was riding into strong wind for 1/2 of it.) My goal is to average over 10 MPH.
  • SayLiLIG
    Options
    I felt ok, its just when i stood up and peddled i got super winded and felt like my chest was gonna explode!

I could go the other direction and see the mileage for that.. ive just always thought i could go farther the way i was going... but then i notice they have no street lights further back and i ride at around 9:30pm..
  • SayLiLIG
    Options
    bikemapextended.png

I think ill do my orignal one for my first week and see how i feel, and then start this one. Kinda goes in a long thin rectangle!! lol

I could go past hobbs.. but the traffic is slightly heavier there and getting hit by a car scares the bejesus outta me. lol

The new route is 4.2 miles so its almost double :)

I have the Cardiotrainer app instead of runtracker one... i dont think android has that one yet..
  • Windi38
    Windi38 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the bicycle route, but I can tell you that you will get better fast if you do it regularly! I started bicycling, and I was THRILLED when I could do 8 miles at around 8mph.

Just a couple months later, and I'm doing over 17 miles at a time, and averaging 12mph! My goal by the end of this biking season is to do 30 miles.

The first 2 months, I really only rode a couple times a week if I was lucky, early spring and all that..... but the last 4 weeks, I've ridden at least 5 times a week, and I've lost 8 pounds! I have a hrm and burn easily 550-600+ calories every time I ride.

So anyway, just try and do a little more each time or two that you ride, and you will be amazed at how fast you get better!

I live in Kansas City, and the trail we have by our house is 15 miles, with a lot of little ups and down and a few much bigger ones, so it's a good ride. I can't tell from your pictures what kind of riding you do. I'm sure if you are riding on sidewalks and streets it'll be harder...
  • SayLiLIG
    Options
    my boyfriend is from Kansas City :) Thanks for the encouragement... yeah its just sidwalks that have baby hills every once in awhile... Im gonna be starting this tomorrow and just have my off day be sundays..
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options