MFP friends and their relation to your fitness goal

Options
I am curious....

How many of you out there feel that support from your MFP friends is important to your fitness goals? What do you do when you become friends and they are non-existent or fade into the black? Do you offer support to someone and never hear a peep in return? Do you reach out and see if they're still there or just delete them?

Replies

• SailorMoon007
    SailorMoon007 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I think I have gotten extremely lucky, in the fact that my MFP friends and family are extremely supportive and we all want to see each other succeed. If one of my friends has gone MIA for 2 months though, I wave goodbye and move on with my journey.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    If no response to my notes after a while I drop them.
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    Everything is possible, but I motivate myself more actually so I don't really pay a lot of attention on who reply on my post and who doesn't. I do all the effort to make myself good and write down things so I can see on my own instead of getting feedback. BUT of course if I get some useful information I highly appreciate it and always nice to see how others are doing even if they are quite partners on this journey or active.
  • Spayrroe
    Spayrroe Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    When I joined MFP, it was because three of my IRL friends were members. I wasn't going to make friends with anyone but those three. I'm not a terribly social person, so I didn't see a need to take on other online friends.
    One of my IRL friends has stopped using the site. I haven't deleted her, but I asked her about it. She said there's a different app she's been using and it's a pain to transfer the data, so she just left. /shrug/ Her life, her choices.

I've accepted two new people as friends on this site that sent me requests because of forum post responses I've posted. I kind of learned to feed off of negativity due to experiences in my past. I like that my friends themselves are supportive, but I also use the threat of people knowing that I didn't stay under my calorie limit to help me curb my useless eating.
  • NancyHukka
    Options
    I've not had great luck keeping friends here. (I hope it's not me) I try to keep my circle fairly small so I can offer a word of encouragement every day, but if I don't get some encouragement back I tend to delete them. Want to be friends?
  • BobL436
    BobL436 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've not had great luck keeping friends here. (I hope it's not me) I try to keep my circle fairly small so I can offer a word of encouragement every day, but if I don't get some encouragement back I tend to delete them. Want to be friends?

Sure Nancy! I'll send you a request. Thanks for the offer :)