Green tea and weight loss

Options
I love green tea and i heard that its good for weight loss. But my question is has anyone of you guys personally had weight loss due to green tea?

Replies

• SherryGirl
    Options
    I don't know if I lost weight because I drink it more then I do anything else other then WATER. But instead of coffee or anything else I would choose Green Tea over that after my "Morning Java". I drink it weak and black, so there isn't any extra calories and it helps detox the system! :wink:
  • Chrissy_Michelle
    Chrissy_Michelle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    It's excellent at detoxing! It makes me tinkle a lot lol! :laugh:
  • dasiscoe
    dasiscoe Posts: 2
    Options
    Green tea ALONE will not gaurantee weight loss. BUT, Green tea as your primary beverage will help with your overall diet plan.
    Spiced green tea (I use a homemade bag of spices i.e. cloves, cinnamon, and cardemon in each gallon of tea I make) has been my primary beverage for over 4 years. It is lower in caffeine than black tea and the antioxidants and other good stuff that is in it promote good nutritional health. The spices satisfy the sweet tooth without adding calories as well.

Best of success in your efforts :smile:
  • ColaSoBless
    Options
    One thing it does for me is curb my appetite and it also speeds up your metabolism.
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    Just drinking green tea won't make you loose fat, but helps to burn fat also lemon by the way in case you get tired of green tea :P I do lemonade out of 5 lemon each day no sugar added. It is high in C vitamin good for Immune Defense System and also enhance mood you can even clean with it so it is a useful fruit :P
    When life gives you lemons make lemonade:)
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Drinking green tea alone is not a "magic pill." It supposedly increases your caloric burn, but the amount is fairly insignificant.

However, I do believe that the anti oxidant properties of tea are amazing. I hardly ever get sick and I swear it is due to the amount of iced tea that I used to drink. I have given it up the iced tea @ home to cut back a bit on caffeine, but recently started drinking green tea with every meal. To get the benefits though, you need to drink brewed tea: the instant or bottled stuff does not have the same effect.
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Yes.I did. But green tea doesn't washes fat away. Is more an increase in metabolism and I got way more energy, so I can burn more calories.