Anyone close to 400lbs?

Options
Ive blushed at even typing that but have to face facts i guess!!

I started here a week ago but over the last 3 weeks have lost 11lbs bringing me down to 408lbs at current. Would just like to know how your finding it and maybe add some friends who are going through the same journey as myself.

Support is a great thing when needed!

Hugs x

Replies

• Kjandcuttysmom
    Kjandcuttysmom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Not close to 400 but wanted to say congrats on the loss so far and to keep up the good work.
    shine
  • LeslieReagan
    Options
    great job! that's such an awesome accomplishment! xoxox
  • Renea_Kay
    Renea_Kay Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I am not 400 pounds either but i wanted to wish you luck. I think you should find whatever support you can. Even if you have a little more to lose than some people, having many people there to support you is very benfitical! Well good luck girl!
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I've been dangerously close to 300 pounds before I finally had an epifany and pulled my head out of my *kitten*. But people on here are super supporting, no matter how much you weigh. No judging on here! :)
  • earino
    earino Posts: 5
    Options
    Good work. Keep at it. Don't get discouraged. Thermodynamics is on your side :-)
  • darconnor
    darconnor Posts: 49
    Options
    Congratulations on taking the first step. Remember that there will be ups and downs...but keep moving in the right direction. One thing I have recently learned is that just because I had a bad day doesn't mean I have to throw my new lifestyle out of the window for good. Every day is a new day! You will find a lot of support here. Maybe your best partner will come from someone who has to lose more or less. It's really the same journey. AND even if a person has 50 or 100 lbs to lose, like you and I, it's going to be a focus for LIFE.
  • estepteau
    estepteau Posts: 146
    Options
    Congrats on your progress thus far!!! Keep it up!
  • chefkev
    chefkev Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I started at 360, which isn't exactly true, i lost a bunch before going to my new doctor and starting my current plan.

It can be done!!!!!
  • adfranks
    adfranks Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Not close to 400lbs, but I am really short and was 260 at my largest. Have lost over 100lbs. over 2 years... You can do it :) Congrats on your success so far. That is a major win:happy:
  • kittycat613
    kittycat613 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey at 470 lbs. I'm now down to 451 lbs. Feel free to add me :)
  • vanfox23
    vanfox23 Posts: 110
    Options
    Good for you for taking the steps towards your goals! You can do this!! Welcome to MFP!
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    dont blush, lots of us been there done that.........I , at my most, was 361, and lost 120 lbs in one year......actually, I ve lost more than that, but Im only using my Drs scale

Im now at 214 with about 20 lbs, more or less to lose, but I can see light at the end of this tunnell

Went from a 52 inch waist to a 34 inch waist, neck size from 18 3.4 to a 14 3/4.....all in one year and about 3 months..........Dont blush about being honest about your weight......I understand and I respect you for posting

You can do it, just stay focused and dont get weak.......Make yourself get healthy and thinner....You can do it, just belive in yourself............Lloyd p.s, add me as a friend if you d like, we can support each other
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome to MFP!

Congrats on your loss so far! 11lbs is a great achievement and you should be proud.

There are loads of great people here to help you along the way...feel free to add me as a friend.

You have done the hard work by sticking here for 3 weeks....time to enjoy the rewards!!

This forum will offer you great advice and support..so stick around.

:flowerforyou:
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Hey congratulations on your loss so far! Don't worry is we don't all start out the same. We are losing in mini goals of 10 lbs. too And since this is a lifestyle change we will be here on maintainence too.. Add me if you would like to I need all the support I can get too.
    Mary
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    ooooh, another thing...make sure you keep an eye on your water intake...this can help greatly with weight loss. :flowerforyou:
  • leamatthew
    leamatthew Posts: 162
    Options
    oh gosh! what a friendly bunch of people you all are!!

Thank you all for the replys xx
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    I started out at 375 when I started this journey 90 days ago. I too was embarrassed to post it, but then one day I thought you know what who cares what anyone thinks. I am who I am and I am doing something about the weight so I am no longer embarrassed by it. Congrats on the loss and feel free to add me I also have a group of 300+ that I started so if you would like to join that you are welcome too..here's the link to it: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/211201-support-accountability-for-300-gals-sorry-guys?page=2#posts-2917565

Best wishes on your journey. You can do this!!
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    You got this! Keeping pushing. We'll ALL meet our fitness goals if we stick together. I'm hoping to lose about 80 lbs overall.
    Add me! I'd love to be a part of your team!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I was 440 and it has taken me 3 years to get to ny gosl weight if 175. I will be honest, it was very difficult with lots of ups and downs. Howeve, the end result has been so worth it. I eliminated a host of medical problems, I am doing things I never thought I would be able to do (I jogged 11 minutes yesterday!), and I feel great. Before the challenge was just day to day life, now I seek out physical challenges - this summer I am going to take the stairs to the crown of the statue of liberty, take an adventure ropes course that features zip lines, and hike to the top of a local small mountain. No matter what happens, if you fall off the path 100 times, get up 101 times. Always stick with it. Its going to take time, if you expect to do this overnight it will be frustrating. This can be done and you can do it! You can add me as a friend if you like.

Good luck, be strong!
  • jennys33
    jennys33 Posts: 16
    Options
    I was 405 when I started!