Water weight

Options
I am haveing serious issues with water weight. My hands are swelling something aweful my rings will go from so loose they are falling off to so swollen they are digging in. I am thinking about diaretics any thoughts?

Replies

• SamanthaBarber
    SamanthaBarber Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Diuretics are generally only used in people with kidney issues. Try cutting back your sodium intake to 2,000mg per day.
  • crystal10584
    Options
    you may want to watch your sodium intake and make sure you're getting 8-8oz glasses of water per day...

if that doesn't work, I'd ask your family doc.
  • DennAnne
    DennAnne Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi there, I dont know for 100% sure but check your salt ( sodium ) intake, we seem to retain more water to compensate for the salt we have ( more than likely hidden sodium ). Just a thought, it happens to me quite often. Good luck , hope you find a more definite answer.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Try cutting your sodium back to 1500 mg!
  • dlange64
    dlange64 Posts: 15
    Options
    cut back on the sodium and get you a water bottle (32 oz )..... if you drink 2 of those bottles of water , you will have drank your 8 glasses of water for the day.... and the water will help cleanse your body .... good luck !
  • jennro7781
    jennro7781 Posts: 208
    Options
    Diuretics are generally only used in people with kidney issues. Try cutting back your sodium intake to 2,000mg per day.

Actually, diuretics are used for a variety of issues INCLUDING helping with water weight loss. Try to increase your water intake before noon...if that doesn't work they do sell some over the counter diuretics in the diet section. If you're still having problems then consult the doctor. You may need a prescription strength diuretic. Good luck!
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    B-100's and B-6 will help plus give you energy.