does anyone else do stability ball work out

Options
Im starting Stability ball work out tomorrow, just wondering how many calories do you burn in a 35 minute. Does it really help...

Replies

• ashjaykadee1
    Options
    Hi there, im not sure its great for burning calories, but its definitely worth it for toning and strengthening, sometimes weight isnt what you should be looking at, more so inch's, goodluck, i just brought one to start using :D
  • jeremymaritz
    Options
    I used to use one for stretching and it was awesome....until my cat put a claw through it. Done. :(
  • joshort123
    Options
    It definitely helps with working more muscle groups, as it takes more muscles to keep you balance. Obviously there is the advantage of becoming better coordinated and developing better balance. Depending of the types of workouts you plan on doing, you could burn around more than a few hundred calories in 35 min. I do some ab work with mine and it definitely works better than traditional sit-ups etc. Even just sitting around while watching tv or reading can help your core and posture. I'm sure you will get more informative responses, that's just my knowledge. Have fun!
  • ambivalence11
    ambivalence11 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Everyone is so different when it comes to this. It depends on age, weight and height and how hard you work. I suggest getting a heart rate monitor and taking the guess work out. But if I had to guess I would guess around 200 cals, depending on intensity. You really gotta get your heart rate elevated to burn cals. The ball is more for strength training and improving balance. But the muscles you earn from it will help burn more calories in the long run.
  • mcbrady229
    Options
    I was curious as to where you could get some exercises for the ball. I just started using mine too and have been making up my own. I guess not a big deal if my abs and legs burn afterwards, but I want to use it right. Thanks.
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I get mine from netflex
  • going2win
    going2win Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    10 minute solution fitness ball workout dvd for around 10$ at WalMart... love mine =)
  • Maggs2742
    Maggs2742 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Im starting the patrick goudeau ABC workout hes fun. you can find him on amazon.