advice please...

Options
I had very good success on MFP last fall... lost 15 pounds, one pound a week. Got better eating habits (they weren't bad to start with but made some adjustements in portion sizes and learned to curb cravings). Then I stopped logging calories and exercise, thinking I had learned how to eat. At that time I was pretty good at stoping eating when I was full and had a lot less emotionnal eating.
Since I stopped I regained 4.5 pounds -not horrible, but I also started again with the emotional eating -a full bag of chip, half a box of cookies- and I want to go back to the good habits.
I've restarted MFP three days ago and it is hard -I always feel hungry and have to learn again to differentiate real hunger from emotional eating. I know it gets better, it was the same last time.
I ate well today, but now I feel the urge to eat. Some of it might be real hunger but I'm not sure. I usually go out for a walk when that happens and eat when I come back if I'm still hungry, but I live in a neighborood where there are shops at every corner. I'm worried that I won't be able to resist and go buy chocolate or chips. Maybe it's better if I stay home... what do you think?

Replies

• jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Dehydration tends to trick people into thinking you're hungry... so drink your water and stay hydrated.

Also try taking a healthy snack with you... You'll be less inclined to spend money when you already have something healthy that you enjoy.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    When you go for a walk leave your wallet at home.
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options

That's not a bad idea... can you talk to <NEVERMIND> ! :laugh: Just kidding of course.
  • locomotion
    Options

This is what I do too.. can't resist the urge to grab a bag of chips if I had any money with me. :ohwell:
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    i kinda go a new little trick, my driver side window stopped functioning , and i am not getting it fixed LOL okay money is a issue but it does help with temptation
  • mark50674
    Options
    You may have stretched your stomach out so it takes more food to get the full feeling. After cutting calories for a while your stomach should shrink down and it will take less food to fill up.
  • isadoc
    isadoc Posts: 19
    Options
    thanks everyone! i had a healthy snack before my long walk, and almost no money on me, so I didn't eat bad foods!