Can someone Explain....

Options
Your daily summary..that little box on ur homepage...what does net mean?

Replies

• crystal10584
    Options
    intake -output = net
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Your net calories are your daily number of calories plus any calories you earned exercising minus what you have eaten...the remainder are your net calories. At least I believe that's it, anyone-correct me if I'm wrong!
  • lisapickering
    Options
    Your net calories are your daily number of calories plus any calories you earned exercising minus what you have eaten...the remainder are your net calories. At least I believe that's it, anyone-correct me if I'm wrong!

Correct.
    Food = what you've eaten, calories consumed
    Exercise = calories you've burned
    Net= Food - Exercise
    Your net number should equal what you are supposed to eat in a day, whatever your calories are set at.
  • Brroookkkkeeeee
    Options
    ok here's the numbers
    goal-1200
    food-1270..went over 70 :(
    exercise- -386
    net-884

good or bad??
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    ok here's the numbers
    goal-1200
    exercise- -386
    net-884

good or bad??

Bad, You should have a net equal to your goal at the end of the day. 1200-884= 316 Calories remaining. By going below 1200 you are risking starvation mode.
  • Brroookkkkeeeee
    Options
    so I really didn't go over? Sorry I'm still trying to understand everything....so basically my exercise is subtracted from total calories? and whats left I need to make up for that?
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    ok here's the numbers
    goal-1200
    exercise- -386
    net-884

good or bad??

Bad, You should have a net equal to your goal at the end of the day. 1200-884= 316 Calories remaining. By going below 1200 you are risking starvation mode.

Yup, that's riight. You did not go over, you needed to eat a bit more.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Your goal and your net should be the same number (or very close to it) at the end of every day.
  • Brroookkkkeeeee
    Options
    great,thanks ladies for helping me out :)