3 weeks no sugar and still no weight loss =(

Options
ive done no sugar very low carb and exercise for 3 weeks now and i still havent lost weight, idk what to do. Im frustrated because im miserable with my diet and miserable with my lack of weigth loss. idk where to go from here

Replies

• missbeezy
    missbeezy Posts: 198
    Options
    I'm really sorry this is happening to you. Are you staying a way from processed foods? foods high in sodium? eating 1200 calories at least per day? switching up your exercise? Maybe I can peek at your diary and see if I can somehow help? Hang in there and don't give up!
  • JackieJ13
    JackieJ13 Posts: 93
    Options
    If you're miserable, I think you should switch things up and maybe add some carbs back.
  • mjg08060
    mjg08060 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    well, sometimes when i am at that point the secret is to actually eat whats bad for you. Sometimes, like 2 days our of every 2 weeks (in a row) i will eat like i usually dont which tricks my body into thinking i am changing my diet again and when the few days are up i go back. Also, are you losing inches at least? How many calories do you eat everyday and protein. Sometimes low carb. does not work for everyone. I need carbs i crave them i just make sure my proteins there
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    without opening up your food diary we can't really offer any helpful suggestions :)
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    All I can say, is pay attention to your inch loss. Try on tight jeans every two weeks, believe me it's the only thing that keeps me going. That and the fact that I feel better not eating all the junk I was before. I can't depend in the scale, but I can see the difference in the mirror so I keep going!!!! Good luck, you can do it!!!
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Low carb is not for everyone. Try something else, add in healthy carbs and just restrict your calories to somewhere between 1200 and 1500 a day (or more depending on your stats)
  • mjg08060
    mjg08060 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    also, if you have a high sodium diet then you will retain water. Try something you usually dont because its hard every one is different and its about finding what works best for you
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Time to start adding in more of those foods you're missing. I've never been much of a fan of cutting out entire food groups.

Adjust your calories and foods to a place that's comfortable. Maybe even change your goal to "maintain" for awhile. You may need a short break. Then jump back in with a moderate goal or 1/2 or 1 lb of weight loss a week, eat in a way that keeps you satisfied physically and psychologically and enjoy living healthy.

Make weight loss a secondary goal. It's hard to do that, but when that's our focus, and there's no reward, it's so easy to give up.
  • Natalie0506
    Natalie0506 Posts: 163
    Options
    Sounds like water retention. Drink tons of water, and keep your sodium to under 1500 mg per day. That should help!
  • mark50674
    Options
    Carbs are energy for your body and mind. Protein is necessary for rebuilding damaged muscle. Stay below your MFP calorie goal and eat what you want. If you completely eliminate something from your diet, it will make you want it even more which will result in cheating. Everything in moderation.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Your problem could be that ur not eating for your body type....... where do u carry ur weight?
  • jaelwoman
    jaelwoman Posts: 81
    Options
    I agree - make your food diary public so we can see it - then we can help you.
  • Domestica
    Domestica Posts: 91
    Options
    First off, you NEED carbs. You just need the right ones. Ideally, you should have protein/carb/fat at EVERY meal and snack. You should focus more on cutting processed food (that includes diet foods like Lean Cuisine, Slim Fast, etc) because those will make you hungry, unsatisfied and miserable!

Secondly, I'm curious if you replaced sugar with artificial sweeteners. Dextrose, maltodextrin, aspartame, sucralose, splenda, glucose...all these are toxic and completely ridiculous for anyone trying to get healthy. Also, natural sweeteners (honey, agave, maple syrup) actually have more calories than refined sugar (although they have nutritional value unlike refined sugar).