Craving Ice Cream?

Options
I was just turned on to this tonight, by my Zumba instructor. She told me that it was available at Walmart...

Sweet Delites by Philly Swirl (purple box and only $1.98)

3 flavors in one box...now, are you ready for this?

ONLY 14 CALORIES
Sugar free
Fat Free
Gluten Free
Made with real fruit

She's VERY picky and she loves these. Said the orange ones taste like a creamsicle.

208505_2013183488134_1200204201_32447043_2087176_n.jpg

Link to their website and the nutritional label is there also: http://www.phillyswirl.com/sweetdelites.html

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Get out! Have to look for this one.
  • kimberlyAjohnson
    kimberlyAjohnson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    WOW!
  • Crys_00
    Crys_00 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks!
  • ari_27
    ari_27 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Ahhh!! thank youuuu...must go out and get these asappp
  • silhouettes
    silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Our Walmart doesn't carry everything here, I am going to have to check and see if they carry this! It's amazing!
  • JillTwiss
    JillTwiss Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    What's it sweetened with?
  • sarahjj1
    sarahjj1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have also found that when I crave ice cream I mix dannon vanilla light and fit yogurt with frozen blueberries. It freezes together while I eat it and is very much like ice cream.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    That's INSANE!
  • blueeyedtraveler
    blueeyedtraveler Posts: 209 Member
    Options

I would have to assume it comes from the real fruit?
  • atrayubrandy
    atrayubrandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Woah, I'm going to have to check them out!! Thanks for the head's up!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

I would have to assume it comes from the real fruit?

It wouldn't be sugar free if it were sweetened with fruit, it would be "no sugar added". It's probably got artificial sweetener.
  • NoAdditives
    Options
    You can get rid of cravings for sweets if you cut out refined sugar and artificial sweeteners. It takes some work and some discipline but it can be done. I had a life-long sugar addiction and I beat it. I completely cut out refined sugar in January. Now when I have cake or a soda it's too sweet and my body doesn't want it. I still have a mental addiction, but the physical one is gone and has almost turned into an aversion. Artificial sweeteners do not cut the addiction, substitution is not the answer, elimination is.
  • blueeyedtraveler
    blueeyedtraveler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    sweet16_nutrition.jpg

Peanut/Tree nut free, Egg free, Soy Free, Gluten Free

Main Ingredients
    Water, Sorbitol, Erythritol, Polydextrose, Non-fat dry milk, Glycerine, Mono & Diglycerides, *Orange Concentrate, Cellulose Gel, Pectin, Xanthium, Guar Gum, Cellulose Gum, Locust Bean Gum, Carrageenan, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Sucralose, Acesulfame-K (artificial sweetener) *Contains trivial amount of sugar, Yellow #6, Red #40, Blue #1.
  • NoAdditives
    Options
    sweet16_nutrition.jpg

Peanut/Tree nut free, Egg free, Soy Free, Gluten Free

Main Ingredients
    Water, Sorbitol, Erythritol, Polydextrose, Non-fat dry milk, Glycerine, Mono & Diglycerides, *Orange Concentrate, Cellulose Gel, Pectin, Xanthium, Guar Gum, Cellulose Gum, Locust Bean Gum, Carrageenan, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Sucralose, Acesulfame-K (artificial sweetener) *Contains trivial amount of sugar, Yellow #6, Red #40, Blue #1.

Aspartame. Nice. The chemicals used to make it are on the EPA's list of most toxic substances. But it's worth it to put that in your body right? They're only 14 calories!
  • youngtweezy
    youngtweezy Posts: 183
    Options
    I've had those before. They're not really my cup of tea, but they're not bad.
  • Lost_it
    Lost_it Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Try Skinny Cow fudge bars, they come is 6 flavors & are only 100 calories. Go to www.skinnycow.com & take a look.
    :happy:
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Main Ingredients
    Water, Sorbitol, Erythritol, Polydextrose, Non-fat dry milk, Glycerine, Mono & Diglycerides, *Orange Concentrate, Cellulose Gel, Pectin, Xanthium, Guar Gum, Cellulose Gum, Locust Bean Gum, Carrageenan, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Sucralose, Acesulfame-K (artificial sweetener) *Contains trivial amount of sugar, Yellow #6, Red #40, Blue #1

:huh: :sick: Bleech.
  • St33787
    St33787 Posts: 7
    Options
    Be careful with sugar-free. Your body doesn't get the sugar that it really tastes, and in the long run you eat more calories because your body craves the energy and the calories that weren't satisfied. For example, My friend lost almost 15 pounds just by kicking Diet Coke (Aspartame) out of her body and replacing it with water. I would just reach for some real fruit, or a banana. The calories are way worth it in the end.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    Be careful with sugar-free. Your body doesn't get the sugar that it really tastes, and in the long run you eat more calories because your body craves the energy

you might crave more calories but that doesnt mean youll eat them.

I do know what you mean. Sometimes if i have something with a lot of sweetners i end up feeling hungry again quickly afterwards, but the occasional thing with sweetners in it isnt going to *make* you eat more if youre careful and counting calories anyway
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    and dont forget, not everyone is interested in eating clean. Some people just want to cut calories where they can and lose some weight.

im not in the slightest bit bothered about eating clean, and it annoys me how preachy some people are about it, as if thats the only way. if it works for you, thats great, but its perfectly possible to be fit, healthy and slim without eating perfectly clean all the time.