okay so if you've had/have your bellybutton pierced.....

Options
2»

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    It did hurt, and was still sore the next day, but it wasn't terribly painful - more like a graze or cut that hurts until it heals if you bump it.
    The biggest problem I had was that it got infected and was pretty nasty for a month or more. Make sure you get it done somewhere reputable and ask them about the best way to prevent infection. I found that salt baths (using a cup of hot water with salt and turning it upside down over my belly button) helped get rid of the infection eventually.
    I really liked it after it settled down, but I did find that it would get a bit rad and painful if I wore pants that buttoned up over where the ring was. I haven't had a ring in there for years now but it still looks just the same. Don't expect it to go away if you get sick of it - unlike my nose piercing which closed up very quickly after I stopped wearing jewellery there.
    And, congrats on your weight loss!
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I used to have one, really didn't hurt much. Getting cartilage pierced hurt a lot more than the belly button.
  • kirstinkrueger
    Options
    I have a scar from mine as well, but you can't really see it. It's hidden between all of my fat rolls. :laugh: :laugh:

you are too funny!!
  • dixiejeep
    dixiejeep Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    hey guys is there anything i should/shouldnt do or wear ??? anything to help me calm down lol
  • kirstinkrueger
    Options
    hey guys is there anything i should/shouldnt do or wear ??? anything to help me calm down lol

no jeans! unless they are low rise ;) anything that rubs it will bug it, and keep it clean, salt water is best
  • strongwoman84
    strongwoman84 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Honestly mine didn't hurt at all...Getting it caught in my shower puff??? Now THAT is a different story! YOUCH!
  • Girlypeekaboo
    Options
    I got mine done at age 17 n I still have it in, it didn't hurt it went so fast! The only scary part is when they r prepping it hehehe other then that its in n out :)
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Don't wear jeans - wear yoga pants or something equally comfortable, and no tight-shirts. I got my lower belly pierced when I was 12 (seriously, lol), and I still have it now, at 22. I had my top pierced as well, but it got ripped out in a sporting accident. It's now scarred, but I don't regret it. :flowerforyou: