A generous offer...

Options
CoryIda
CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
Just putting this offer out there --

I will gladly donate the following items to anyone who may be interested:

* One pair of impressive thunder thighs in their entirety

* A large portion of ginormoboobies (currently sitting at about a 36J but I'll donate whatever will get me down to a DD or even a D)

* One medium-sized pair of love handles

* A bit of saddlebag - not much there, but you can have whatever's left

* Countless stretchmarks

* Loose tummy skin - exact quantity unknown

I've already gotten rid of my spare tire, double chin, and back roll, so you're too late to claim any of those (sorry, I know you must be very disappointed).

Ok, obviously I can't REALLY share those things with you, but I just wanted to point out that we all have things we don't like about ourselves. I have about 25 pounds left to get to my goal weight and, honestly, I doubt my love handles, thunder thighs, ginormoboobies, etc. will actually disappear in the next 25 pounds if they haven't in the last 75+.

And that's ok. Celebrate your body. Figure out what you DO like about it - even if you have a lot of work left to go to reach your "ideal."

When I was morbidly obese, I had pretty poor self-esteem. Even now it's touch and go sometimes, but there always has to be something you like.

Even when I was obese, I had beautiful ears - I know that sounds silly, but it's something. Some people have ears that stick straight out or are too big or too small.

I also had nice eyebrows. Once again, something seemingly silly, but being able to have a natural arch without plucking is pretty great.

My mother is obese, but she has beautiful ankles. It's not fair, really. I weigh considerably less than her but I have very sturdy German ankles - her's are delicate and downright pretty.

So I challenge you, each of you, to figure out what you DO love about yourself because, when you lose weight, there are still going to be things you don't like. You can focus on those things, or you can focus on the positive. Do you have great skin? Lovely hair? Long legs? What do you love about yourself?

After losing 75 pounds, in addition to my eyebrows and ears, I can now say that I love my tiny waist (31.5" on a 200+ pound, 5'10" tall, sturdily built woman is pretty impressive, if you ask me), my collarbones, and my hands and fingers, which are no longer stubby/chubby.

I also love that I HAVE loose skin, because it means that skin isn't filled up with fat anymore.

What do you love about yourself???? I want to know! That's my real offer - not an offer to donate body parts, but an offer to give yourself a chance to celebrate the body you have. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Dibs on the boobies!!!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I love my eyes.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    My wrists are pretty sweet.
  • DimenaZhena
    DimenaZhena Posts: 102
    Options
    I would have to say my butt. :) hehe
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I love my eyes and my smile! I actually like my butt, just want it smaller. LOL
  • marniehodges
    Options
    I've always really liked my eyes :wink: . Even with the fine lines I'm getting around them now, I still like em...gives me character :bigsmile: And of course you already know I like my hollow armpits now :laugh: ! Love this thread Cory!
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    i also like my eyes... but im growing to love my arms now as well as they take on my shape. and my legs are pretty much pure muscle now which i also happen to like alot. however... i will DEF take those tatas as someone seemed to steal mine! they didnt even ask. how rude is that!
  • jcm214
    jcm214 Posts: 157
    Options
    i'm gonna go with my shoulders. And I'm pretty excited to get those shoulder and back muscles toned to make them nicer, and the biceps and triceps toned too. I like feeling strong.
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    Dibs on the boobies!!!

LOL!!!
    I actaully like my B-cups. I like that I've lost band but not cup size (so far) and I like that they match the rest of me better now. And I like how pushups have help them defy gravity a bit more! Ok, so I like my boobs!! :laugh: :blushing:
  • jrlenig
    jrlenig Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I also say boobies I will take some and give any one who would like thunder thighs I am currently in love with my shoulders and collar bone and will also give the last bit of jiggle in my arms away!
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    Awwww....what a wonderful post! I like my eyes and love my SMILE! :happy:
  • KariQuiteContrary
    KariQuiteContrary Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Well I've always loved my eyes and (while it's not a visible part of my body) my voice (love to sing!) and am beginning to really love my collar bones deltoids (shoulder muscles) cause they look totally buff and starting to like the shape of my butt more.

Love this thread Cory! Thanks!
  • crissi66
    crissi66 Posts: 98
    Options
    i lost my double chin and finally love my face in pictures.

my legs are starting to jiggle less and getting a great shape.

and i got dibbs on some of those boobies. mine are seriously tiny (but perky:bigsmile: )
  • EnlessDayDreamer
    Options
    I love my eyes... They remind me of my grandpas beatiful hazel eyes. I love my siz 6 feet even throuh they are probably not loving me very much rights now do to all the running and walking. Beyond the physical which is constantly changing i love my spirit and my laugh. I may sound like a 7 year old when i laugh but gosh dang it i love my laugh. It took me a while to get there but to be happy you have to love the wierd things and man am i going to try and love me.
  • BrittanyGQ
    BrittanyGQ Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I love my hair and tatas! and my height (5'3)....not tall, not too short. Though there are little imperfections I'd like to fix with my smile, I do like that as well. :happy:
  • kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    My legs! I started walking between 4 and 5 miles a day in a park with hills and have left about 70 lbs of fat there if anyone wants it. A little loose skin around the middle and about 5 pounds of fat left., but totally happy with the legs.
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread!! :) Ok- I love my hair, my freckles, my shoulder blades (weird, i know) and my collar bone!! :) I also like my eyes!! Thank you for posting this and helping me remember what I have! I have been trying to focus on what I do have & the positive things!! :)
  • PirateJenny
    PirateJenny Posts: 233
    Options
    I am really starting to love my feet and ankles.

For whatever reason the weight has almost completely vacated that area, leaving me with visible bones, a nice arch and cool-looking veins. I also have scars, callouses and a few blisters in different stages, but those tell me I am capable of standing, walking and running.

I am also starting to love the feel of my face, if not the look. When I wash my face in the shower I can feel cheekbones and a jawline that I haven't been able to for at least three or four years. I think I cam getting dry skin from over-washing!

I am working on loving the rest.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Well, I love my....kindness, and it shows on my imperfect face, making my face likeable. There. I think my eyes are too small and close together, my nose is too wide and my lips are too thin, but when I look at someone I care about and give them a smile, I am beautiful.
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Well, I love my....kindness, and it shows on my imperfect face, making my face likeable. There. I think my eyes are too small and close together, my nose is too wide and my lips are too thin, but when I look at someone I care about and give them a smile, I am beautiful.

This might be one of the most amazing things I've read on this website so far. :flowerforyou: