life after dieting?

Options
Once you diet for like 5-6 months, how do you get your body used to eating 1800-2000 calories a day without gaining weight?

Replies

• RichGebs
    RichGebs Posts: 345
    Options
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    You gradually add back a few more calories each week. You may gain a couple of pounds back but it will even out eventually.
  • RichGebs
    Options
    i hope so...
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    It doesn't usually work like that. It just stops losing. Unless you're eating surplus of your needs. When the in and the out are equal, you maintain.
    I found it most hard just to get used to eating so much more. My view of a portion size was extremely tainted.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    You gradually add back a few more calories each week. You may gain a couple of pounds back but it will even out eventually.

You can, but I added mine all in after about 3 days.
  • RichGebs
    Options
    i feel like i will be the same
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    This is the exact reason why calories in vs. calories out really doesn't work in life. We can't exist in a world of semi-starvation + tons of cardio forever. (thus diets fail.)

It's not about how much you eat, it's honestly about what you eat. Eating only "real food" is the only lifelong cure for weight gain. We can't diet and count calories forever!
  • johnny51981
    Options
    I've actually grown to despise the word "diet" because the word "diet" has been used as something people go on temporarily...when it is something that you have to keep up on FOREVER. Anyway, that's not what you're asking. LOL

I still have some weight to lose, so I'm not sure what the maintenance mode is on MFP....but I would certainly be eating more ice cream, I can tell you that for sure! LOL
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Eat smart, but don't deprive yourself of a treat now and then.
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Eat smart, but don't deprive yourself of a treat now and then.
  • RichGebs
    Options
    I've actually grown to despise the word "diet" because the word "diet" has been used as something people go on temporarily...when it is something that you have to keep up on FOREVER. Anyway, that's not what you're asking. LOL

I still have some weight to lose, so I'm not sure what the maintenance mode is on MFP....but I would certainly be eating more ice cream, I can tell you that for sure! LOL

ahahaha!! thats going to be great i bet lol. But yes i agree i cant wait to eat normal again and i'm hoping that eating out once per week won't be a problem
  • johnny51981
    Options
    Oh I still eat out ALL.THE.TIME (I have to in order to stay sane since it allows me to leave work for a bit...otherwise I would be ripping heads off!), I just make sure it fits into my calories for the day.
  • RichGebs
    Options
    oh wow lol i eat out only when my mom and dad tell me that we are going out, or holidays. other than that... as a 17 year old boy, its sad that i dont go out to eat any other time. I have been denying the invitations from my friends to go out and eat for the past 6months or so and its been so hard. its like my high school and teen years are being made boring lol.
  • RichGebs
    Options
  • RichGebs
    Options
  • RichGebs
    Options
    bump
  • johnny51981
    Options
    That, and other things, is what I told myself I would no give up on because I know if I cut things OUT, then I'm only setting myself up for failure or will go back to after making my Supreme Goal Weight. So if I have it, but not go crazy, I'll be able to hold to this for a lot longer.
  • RichGebs
    Options
  • RichGebs
    Options
    Bump