"My worst enemy is the gym"

Options
I don't understand how so many inshape girls can say that the gym is their worst enemy or that they hate it. Right now I call the gym my best friend. Well, I did only start on 4/11/2011, butttt I have already lost 4 pounds and want to keep shedding. Am I wrong for liking the gym?

So who else thinks the gym is their worst enemy or their best friend and why?

Replies

• shaadi_juun
    Options
    My worst enemy is the weigh in scale. The gym is okay, I guess.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I love the gym. I miss it on my rest days.
  • taympelli
    taympelli Posts: 11
    Options
    oh my sameeee here. I lost four pounds and my first thought was "THAT'S IT?!"
    HATE ITTTT!

andd I also miss the gym when I don't go but I do love resting!
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    I love the gym! I know I'm doing something good for my body so why hate it.
  • taympelli
    Options
    Exactly how I think! If you hate the gym it will just make the journey harder!
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    i love the gym. but you do have to be carefull that you don't over eat on your cals just because you worked out
  • taympelli
    Options
    yess and when I do go over my calorie intake, I push myself harder to burn it off.
  • IvyBar
    IvyBar Posts: 1
    Options
    The only reason I hate working out is because every time in the past that I have worked out I always overdo it and end up getting so incredibly sore that it takes a week to walk right again. So I have been afraid of the pain. Now I am trying something called moderation ;) I'm on day 8 of Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred and am loving it!
  • taympelli
    Options
    Good for you! That's exciting! I wish I could hire a professional trainer so that they could push em to my limit but I just don't have the money and well, I'm kind of nervous ;/
  • BonitaAppleBomb87
    Options
    I don't understand how so many inshape girls can say that the gym is their worst enemy or that they hate it. Right now I call the gym my best friend. Well, I did only start on 4/11/2011, butttt I have already lost 4 pounds and want to keep shedding. Am I wrong for liking the gym?

So who else thinks the gym is their worst enemy or their best friend and why?

Idk but I love they gym I can stay for hours at a time and enjoy every minute.. But question what machines do you get that has helped you lose 4 pounds so soon?
  • BonitaAppleBomb87
    Options
    I love the gym! I know I'm doing something good for my body so why hate it.

I agree !!
  • adrianah6969
    Options
    I love the gym NOW after years of dreading it! I found a class called Zumba that I do there 3x a week. It keeps me motivated plus I have gained a few more friends. 2 thumbs up to the gym & Zumba!!
  • taympelli
    Options
    I Don't really know the names, but here are the descritions. I have been using the ellipitacl trainer increasing everytime I go, i go for 30 minutes now . The inner and outer thigh machine, 100 of each. I do the butt machice too and the one that you push the platform with your legs. I also use the arms one, where you push out with one arm at a time. holding a 12pound weight and doing a "penguin" move to get rid of my love hadles. the abs cruncher. 30 left and right sit ups. 30 leg ups. I also par take in classes like Zumba, Yoga and Kickboxing.

Hopefully this is helpful.
  • taympelli
    Options
    I LOVE ZUMBAAA!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I have trouble making myself take a rest day. I do a modified Zumba, called dance it out, that's just hip hop.

But as to why it's my best friend, its the part of my life I get most praised for, so I go, and go, and go. I do love it, and days I have no desire to go.. I go. I barely have motivation to go. It's just what I do. I find setting new records keeps me happy :D

Some people just don't like getting drenched or being in pain intentionally LOL
  • taympelli
    Options
    I take one rest day which is sunday! That is probably bad but I just want to lose weight!
  • BonitaAppleBomb87
    Options
    I Don't really know the names, but here are the descritions. I have been using the ellipitacl trainer increasing everytime I go, i go for 30 minutes now . The inner and outer thigh machine, 100 of each. I do the butt machice too and the one that you push the platform with your legs. I also use the arms one, where you push out with one arm at a time. holding a 12pound weight and doing a "penguin" move to get rid of my love hadles. the abs cruncher. 30 left and right sit ups. 30 leg ups. I also par take in classes like Zumba, Yoga and Kickboxing.

Hopefully this is helpful.

Okay, cool that's basically all of the workouts/machines I get on and do plus the classes, I love kickboxing and yoga I also do a boxing a regular class as well. Thanks for the info and keep up the good work !
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    LOVE the gym. My worst enemy are the cupcakes that my stupid coworkers keep bringing into the office kitchen. I haven't weakened yet, but a fresh batch shows up every week or two.
  • badaztek310
    Options
    i also love the gym, i would prob be there all the time 24/7 if i had the time., but when your married and have a kid you can only do so much