I need a pick me up...

Options
Today I crossed paths with my first weight gain since starting MFP. It was so disappointing to see that I had gained 1.5 lbs this week. Seems like a lot to gain in a week though? Last week I was sick and miserable and could hardly eat 1200 calories a day. But I kept pushing myself to at least drink some juice or milk to keep me out of starvation mode and up to my proper caloric intake. Then I started feeling a lot better and over the weekend it was like I turned into a wild animal. It didn't help that I had a 4 day weekend either. But by Tuesday I was back on track and I still logged all my calories the days I wasn't so on track. I didn't think I did any major damage. A few hundred over, at the most 500 over for each of the three days. I figured I wouldn't loose any or maybe gain 0.5 lb or something but 1.5 lbs? (I don't think the math is adding up.) Its like the last three weeks I spent getting that 1.5 lbs off were wasted. It just makes me sad. I haven't lost my motivation, I'm just disappointed. I guess the only thing to do now is pick myself up and keep on trucking. :frown:

Thanks for listening guys.
I :heart: you all.

Replies

• SuzieQT
    SuzieQT Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Today I crossed paths with my first weight gain since starting MFP. It was so disappointing to see that I had gained 1.5 lbs this week. Seems like a lot to gain in a week though? Last week I was sick and miserable and could hardly eat 1200 calories a day. But I kept pushing myself to at least drink some juice or milk to keep me out of starvation mode and up to my proper caloric intake. Then I started feeling a lot better and over the weekend it was like I turned into a wild animal. It didn't help that I had a 4 day weekend either. But by Tuesday I was back on track and I still logged all my calories the days I wasn't so on track. I didn't think I did any major damage. A few hundred over, at the most 500 over for each of the three days. I figured I wouldn't loose any or maybe gain 0.5 lb or something but 1.5 lbs? (I don't think the math is adding up.) Its like the last three weeks I spent getting that 1.5 lbs off were wasted. It just makes me sad. I haven't lost my motivation, I'm just disappointed. I guess the only thing to do now is pick myself up and keep on trucking. :frown:

Thanks for listening guys.
    I :heart: you all.
  • DjBliss05
    Options
    Sounds like your body was just doing something funky to keep up with being sick.

Try not to be too disappointed!

It should come right back off once you get back in the swing of things.

:flowerforyou:
  • ACastle1
    ACastle1 Posts: 101
    Options
    You can get it off quickly. I KNOW you can. This just a minor set back and I know you are gonna bounce back. Good luck! :heart:
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    you are just probably retaining fluid because when you were sick, even though you tried not to, you got a little dehydrated. Next week you will probably be down 2 lbs. Keep remembering you are doing it right and it will come off as long as you keep it up. Maybe not tomorrow, but in the grand sceme of things it will happen.
  • SuzieQT
    SuzieQT Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    you are just probably retaining fluid because when you were sick, even though you tried not to, you got a little dehydrated. Next week you will probably be down 2 lbs. Keep remembering you are doing it right and it will come off as long as you keep it up. Maybe not tomorrow, but in the grand sceme of things it will happen.

I'm definitely retaining something lol no BM for four days now - since I got back on track. (I know its horrible.) And I do feel quite bloated. Hopefully my body will get itself worked out soon. If not I feel I might swell up like a balloon and pop! :laugh:
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely retaining something lol no BM for four days now - since I got back on track. (I know its horrible.) And I do feel quite bloated. Hopefully my body will get itself worked out soon. If not I feel I might swell up like a balloon and pop! :laugh:

I have this problem all the time... Tuesday 134.5 :smile: Thursday 137.5? :explode: What the hell?

If your clothes feel the same, I wouldn't worry too much about it. We all care way too much about the scale when it's inches that matter. Chin up!
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    buy yourself some prunes :) I would say prune juice, but that is the worst tasting stuff I have ever consumed. real prunes much easier to get down and good for you.

With all the good for you foods you eat, and being sick and a bit dehydrated, your weight is coming from your intestines not your butt! Once things get moving, you will feel 100% better and slimmer too.