The Balancing Act.

yankeefamily05
yankeefamily05 Posts: 657
edited September 26 in Food and Nutrition
I am becoming a little frustrated. How do I find the balance in calories? For example, making sure I get enough fiber, protein..Not too many sugars, carbs, sodium....Some days I can get it pretty well balanced. But some days I have too much protein, others too much sugar, and the the other days too much sodium!

I also could use some good snack ideas!!! :) Thanks in advance!

Replies

• jimbo831
    jimbo831 Posts: 15
    I don't worry too much about the individual numbers, especially not on a daily basis. This is all about long term averages over periods of weeks, not each day. Just don't be consistently over on one particular area and average your calories out to the right amount and you will be fine.

Here is a list of some of the snacks I enjoy:

Jello Mousse Temptations - 60 calories, nice treat for sweet tooth
    Kashi TLC Granola Bars - 140 calories, taste good, high in fiber and protein
    Apple and Banana
    Dry Roasted Edamame, lightly salted (bought from Costco) - 140 calories per serving
    Soy Energy Blend (also from Costco) - 150 calories per serving
    Chobani Yogurt (one of my favorites, very filling) - 140 calories

Hopefully those help!
  • I don't worry too much about the individual numbers, especially not on a daily basis. This is all about long term averages over periods of weeks, not each day. Just don't be consistently over on one particular area and average your calories out to the right amount and you will be fine.

Here is a list of some of the snacks I enjoy:

Jello Mousse Temptations - 60 calories, nice treat for sweet tooth
    Kashi TLC Granola Bars - 140 calories, taste good, high in fiber and protein
    Apple and Banana
    Dry Roasted Edamame, lightly salted (bought from Costco) - 140 calories per serving
    Soy Energy Blend (also from Costco) - 150 calories per serving
    Chobani Yogurt (one of my favorites, very filling) - 140 calories

Hopefully those help!

Thank you!!! They have Chocolate Jello Mousse right?
  • jimbo831
    jimbo831 Posts: 15
    Thank you!!! They have Chocolate Jello Mousse right?

They do and I love it! I get a sampler pack that comes with chocolate and caramel (2 times the chocolate) from Costco. Both are outstanding, but I think I prefer the chocolate just a tad. I've seen in the food database a mint chocolate as well, but haven't seen it in stores to try it unfortunately because it sounds so good.
This discussion has been closed.