Newbie who is trying SO HARD to cut back on snacking

Options
Hello Fitness Pals,

I'm Very new to this, and am trying get in the habit of logging all my calories! I did pretty good today, but as you can tell by my log, I love...LOVE snacking. This is something that I'm sincerely trying to work on, and eventually cut out.

I workout four days a week (3 this week) for an intense cardio hour. Hopefully this, along with my plan to cutting down on sweets, will aid me in reaching my goal!

Feel free to add me and provide me with any advice, recipes, ect...

Happy logging!

Replies

• creamy06
    creamy06 Posts: 4
    Options
    Good luck...Im new too and having THAT SAME PROBLEM as well but we'll beat this i know we can :bigsmile:
  • KayEKline
    Options
    If you love snacking so much, you dont have to completely stop. Try snacking on something new like wheat thins, or low calorie snacks like granola bars, or the packaged cookies. You can still snack and healthy, pretty soon after being able to snack on smaller things, you wont even really notice and start to decrease how many snacks you eat a day. You could go from 10 snacks a day to 2, it just takes time.
  • remaho80
    remaho80 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm a snacker too! Even more than snacking - I have a hard time cutting out the Mt Dew! Best of luck to you!
  • Mamapengu
    Mamapengu Posts: 250
    Options
    don't know if it work for you, but instead of cutting out snacks I turned all my meals into snacks- I aim for 6 meals a day all about the same calorie amount and all with a protein and carb. So, I get to eat every 2-3 hours! It's amazing what you can get into 250-300c!
  • aanddplusoanda
    aanddplusoanda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I love snacking too and I grew up in a family of snackers. What I do is wash and set out carrot, celery, broccoli and such to snack on. I tend to go for the quick and easy snacks and if they're sitting on the counter that's what I grab. It's much better for you than cookies, cakes, candies and crackers (my faves) but I don't completely take them out of my diet. If I want something I will have it but I make sure my calories allow it. Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me. :)
  • gratenni1
    gratenni1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have found that eating a healthy bar (luna) ater lunch and dinner without going over your calorie count makes me feel very satified. You have to stay away from those commercial sweets. Just try it one day. You are able your meal small because you know that you are going to have this bar that has protein so it helps with the appetite.
    goodluck :yawn:
  • abaker768
    abaker768 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I snack cuz I'm bored! If I find myself snacking, I try to occupy myself with something else!
  • gratenni1
    gratenni1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Go od:flowerforyou: for you losing 12 pounds. Are you exercising? I don't have a problem with the exercise but its hard because my husband eats things i can't handle. I made up my mind that i will be at goal new years eve.
  • seers
    seers Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Everyone has great suggestions. There are a few other things I have tried. I will chew gum if I have a sugar craving. It takes the edge off. Try having a full glass of water before you snack. It also seems to fill you up and ease the cravings. Brushing your teeth also helps with snacking. I have never brushed my teeth at night time then went to eat anything? So know I brush my teeth earlier n the night. Try one of these next time you want to snack on something. See if you still have the craving? Works for me - when I have enough will power to do this first before the bag of chips. LOL. Good luck.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I usually eat three meals and 2-3 snacks. As long as you're making sure that all your foods are healthy there's nothing wrong with snacking.
  • laserne
    laserne Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello Fitness Pals,

I'm Very new to this, and am trying get in the habit of logging all my calories! I did pretty good today, but as you can tell by my log, I love...LOVE snacking. This is something that I'm sincerely trying to work on, and eventually cut out.

I workout four days a week (3 this week) for an intense cardio hour. Hopefully this, along with my plan to cutting down on sweets, will aid me in reaching my goal!

Happy logging!

I agree I snack all day if i can at least to help add calories to my tracker,but, everything is healthy.OMG, the hour workout is very intense, i only did it once and was very sore and i'm actually scared to do it again,but, thanks to you i will tommorrow.
  • monkeybelle83
    monkeybelle83 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I've found that I snack less when I have less around. For example, I love cookies and sweets. I stopped buying them. I got some sugar free jello, and sugar free jello pudding cups instead. I also got some fruit cups, fruit leathers, and odwalla bars. If the bad food isn't there, you can't snack on it.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I snack ALL the time! There is nothing wrong with snacking if you are making healthy choices about what you snack on! I eat 3 meals and 2-4 snacks a day depending on whether or not I work out and how much I work out!
  • JusPrettyMe
    JusPrettyMe Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Very Good Suggestions! I've never heard the brushing teeth part!

Thanks!
  • JusPrettyMe
    Options
    Hello Fitness Pals,

Happy logging!

I agree I snack all day if i can at least to help add calories to my tracker,but, everything is healthy.OMG, the hour workout is very intense, i only did it once and was very sore and i'm actually scared to do it again,but, thanks to you i will tommorrow.

The first week was the HARDEST, but eventually the soreness went away, and I was able to breath better...even got a little jog in the second week. I'm now on my 3rd week!
  • JusPrettyMe
    Options
    I've found that I snack less when I have less around. For example, I love cookies and sweets. I stopped buying them. I got some sugar free jello, and sugar free jello pudding cups instead. I also got some fruit cups, fruit leathers, and odwalla bars. If the bad food isn't there, you can't snack on it.

Jello cups...YUM!! This will be soooo much easier when I move BACK on my own this weekend! My fam loves to snack...so there's the temptation! When I did stay alone I never bought sweets, so I wholly agree on the fact that if you don't buy it...you won't eat iT!