BodyBugg vs. FitBit

Options
Hey guys! I am considering either a BodyBugg or a FitBit, but need some more recent reviews. The majority of the ones I've seen online are from a year ago or more. I'd really like to know your personal experience with one or the other. So far the ones I've seen have been 50/50.

I am currently trying to lose weight for my wedding in October and have hit a plateau. I'm lacking motivation and energy to keep up the hard work I've been doing. I think one of these gadgets might be able to show me why I have plateaued. I go wedding dress shopping in about 3 weeks and am super nervous!

Thanks for your help!
Stephanie

Replies

• SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    Bodybugg helped me break a 200lb plateau. I love this thing! I can't even feel it on my arm. I use it for every (but showering) and the support you get is great! The free coaching call is well worth it, and I've had to call tech support once to get a new band. They shipped it out right away and extended my free trial to the online tools as a courtesy. Well worth it!
  • sdgreen15
    Options
    Do you pay for the online tools with the BodyBugg?
  • shalynna89
    shalynna89 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I would go with a BodyBugg or a Polar HRM. They were the ones recommended to me, I went with a Polar FT40 HRM simply because I found it on ebay for $50 and it had great reviews. I know the BodyBugg is very well liked as well. With the FitBit I was disappointed and returned mine. To me it wasn't as accurate. It worked more like a high-tech. pedometer, and to me it wasn't worth the money just to use it as a pedometer. I never go a good calorie burned number anywhere I wore it, but clipping it to my pants gave me the best mostly because it counted my steps. Also with at least the Polar HRM chest strap you don't even realize its on, I put it on under the band of my bra and don't notice it I don't see it in anything I wear either. Where as with the FitBit I did, If I wore anything that was a little tight over my chest it bulged out and was very noticeable.
  • kaymac1908
    kaymac1908 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have both a Heart Rate Monitor and a BodyBugg. They serve very different purposes. The HRM is a great tool for heart conditioning and training. It does estimate calories, but it is not accurate unless you happen to know your correct V02 rate. The BodyBugg better calculates calories and keeps track of what you burn and steps taken all day long. It does NOT measure heart rate. Sometimes I use both because I am a tech junkie and I like seeing the numbers, but mostly I use the BB. I LOVE this thing! I do not have any experience with the FitBit.
  • missziathediva
    Options
    I had the body bugg about 3 years ago and really hated it. I could never get my computer to work with it. There website would always get stuck. I LOVE my fitbit! Plus I enjoy not paying $9.99 each month for fitbit!
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    I have the BodyMedia Fit, which is the same thing as a bodybugg and made by the same company. I LOVE it. I have had it for a year. I also have a HRM. They serve completely different purposes. I don't even notice it on my arm. Sometimes I step into the shower only to realize that I forgot to take it off......It really opened my eyes to my activity level. I had a couple of friends who had fitbit's and they weren't happy with them, and one of them lost it rather quickly. Some of the best money I have ever spent on myself.