HELP - Can't eat

Options
Hey there - I have had the worst three days! Seriously ill, couldn't eat, sleep, was burning up one minute - freezing the next! Couldn't even keep water down! Well I think - or should I say I frigging hope and pray I'm over the worst of it - but now I can't eat, I'm starving but can't for the life of me manage to keep anything down - even the thought of food turns my stomach - does anyone have any suggestions?:sick:

Replies

• kehowe83
    kehowe83 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    hope you feel better soon
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Try something very basic, like toast with nothing on it. I'm sure once you're better your appetite will return! Feel better soon!
  • Hollie721
    Hollie721 Posts: 20
    Options
    What about a piece of dry toast? I usually try that when i've been sick. Stay away from dairy until your a bit better. Hope you feel better soon x
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    plains food, nibble on them slowly, sip water instead of drinking it quickly

try crackers or bread/toast, avoid acidic foods like citrus, and avoid diary

until you feel you can manage something more

get well soon!
  • Aileen46
    Aileen46 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Saltine crackers are good for a start. When I've been that sick, I've also had popsicles just for the liquids. Then there is always chicken broth, or chicken noodle soup. Try a spoonful or two and let it settle for a bit. Too much at once might make you feel worse again.
  • MLE31
    MLE31 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey there
    So I used to barely be able to eat I mean I was so bad I'd pass out.
    Here's what helped me:
    Fruit blended up with natural juices and frozen that kept my electrolites in balance.
    Ice pops (natural ones) just make sure you have enough of them.
    Nondairy ice cream, you can even sip it as you let it melt.
    Rice cakes plain (if you're doing better put a little natural nut butter on it.)
    Almond milk (non fair and has some protein and vitamins and calcium.)
    Introduce some plain brown rice with boiled white meat chicken or tofu (I'm vegan pretty much now so I dot eat any meat)
    Make sure you only have cooked vegetables like make a healthy vegetable soup.
    Hope there was at least one suggestion in there that can help you!
    :-)
  • tracey2710
    tracey2710 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys - there's a few there that I will try and hopefully they'll help.
  • marber
    marber Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Ginger is good for nausea so you could try some plain ginger biscuits