Anyone else Intolerant??

Options
Hey I just recieved my food intolerence test results from Superdrugs

I am intolerant to Wheat, Cow's milk and Nuts!!! WTH can I eat?

I love nuts and yogurts

So upset, but Im hoping taking these things out of my diet will aid weightloss, skin problems and bloating!!!

Anyone have any sugesstions for replacement?

Replies

• GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    You can get food intolerance tests at superdrug?? I am 99% sure that I am intolerant to the same things as you but would like it confirmed. I stay away from cereal as it kills my stomach. I have porridge for brekkie with a bit of cows milk and it seems ok. I tend to have soups and salads for lunch!
  • Papaya81
    Papaya81 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have an intolerance to dairy. TRUST me cutting it out (even 85%) has made me feel so much better, the bags under my eyes are gone, and my skin is breaking out less! As for wheat and nuts...can't help you there :( Those are tought to give up. Stay positive, there are a lot of alternatives out there.
  • Charlea1981
    Charlea1981 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Yes its new at superdrugs stores, mainly the large ones, check out their website and its only £20.00. So worth it, now I have had it confirmed I will defo try to cut them out. Thanks for your advice and support too P. ;-)
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Try soya desserts, they are just as nice as yogurts :smile:
  • KarenLouise1981
    Options
    It's a pain in the bum isn't it! I'm sensitive/intollerant to 14 things including gluten, cow milk, coffee, and cocoa (thats all that make me really ill but it extends to cabbage, mushrooms and a whole heap of other things!) You have options with the milk - there are LOADS of replacements including rice, oatmeal, almond, soy and of course - lactose free cows milk (as thats what we're intollerant to) just watch how much you drink as they are quite high in calories. Yoghurt is funny - i have heard due to the way it is made it kills tha lactose and I am fine with it. You can lactose free yoghurt but try small amounts of the normal stuf if your cofortable doing so. Nuts - im sorry your on your own, I dont have a substitute fro those lol!

Good luck!
  • KarenLouise1981
    Options
    It's a pain in the bum isn't it! I'm sensitive/intollerant to 14 things including gluten, cow milk, coffee, and cocoa (thats all that make me really ill but it extends to cabbage, mushrooms and a whole heap of other things!) You have options with the milk - there are LOADS of replacements including rice, oatmeal, almond, soy and of course - lactose free cows milk (as thats what we're intollerant to) just watch how much you drink as they are quite high in calories. Yoghurt is funny - i have heard due to the way it is made it kills tha lactose and I am fine with it. You can lactose free yoghurt but try small amounts of the normal stuf if your cofortable doing so. Nuts - im sorry your on your own, I dont have a substitute fro those lol!

Good luck!

Oh and forgot about wheat - I try not to eat it AT ALL! No bread, pasta, pastries, cakes and I also read food labels and try to cut out where I can. But on a weight loss journey its wise not to eat these anyway right.
  • Papaya81
    Papaya81 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Try soya desserts, they are just as nice as yogurts :smile:

Are they? I have bought a few soy yogurt alternatives and end up leaving it in my fridge because I am paranoid that I won't like it. Now keep in mind I used to eat yogurt on a daily basis before I learned I was intolerant (allergic) to dairy. I have always enjoyed soy milk...is is similar?
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I don't mind soya milk, but the desserts are really nice. I don't know if you get any of the brands we get in the UK, but I love Alpro vanilla desserts (Alpro is one of the biggest soy brands here). They are not really like a yoghurt tho, they are just a flavoured dessert but some of the soya yoghurts I have tried I really wouldn't even know the difference between dairy yoghurts.