not proud but......

Options
ok, so i binged last night. i wanted mcdonalds, so i planned on having a cheeseburger and a small fry. i know- not the healthiest, but it would have been within my calories for the day. well, i ended up ordering way more than i planned. went over my calories by more than 1000!!! :cry: My first thought this morning was " Oh man i blew it, I am just gonna eat what i want today too" but NO! I will not do it! I will just pick up where i left off and continue on this life change. Everyone has a slip up once in a while, you just need to have the courage to pick yourself up! So heres to a new day :drinker:

Replies

• kellytime
    kellytime Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Great attitude! We all have those days, but we are succeeding because it is not every day!
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Yup! Good for you! Success doesn't mean never falling off the wagon. Success is getting back on!
  • ClarkMer
    ClarkMer Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You can get back on, just be very disciplined today.! Good luck!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Yesterdays the past, can't redo it, but you can choose to make today a better one!!!!!!!! I order kids meals when I get the urge for any McDonalds. My weakness is the fires though.
    TODAY WILL BE BETTER FOR YOU!!!!!!! Have a super day! :happy:
  • redwingluvr
    redwingluvr Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    So you had a slip up yesterday. So what. You have the right attitude today so just make it happen. Good job not giving up!!!!
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Consider it your gimme day for the month.
  • dukeman358
    Options
    I think you are dead right smiley! first of all you know where you are going wrong and hopefully also recognise how to get back on track. I just joined and posted and have had many slip ups over the past 10 week programme but I know what I did. Most people so underestimate what they eat and can only be really lying to themselves so good on you and keep at it!!:smooched:
  • MrsSmith2010
    MrsSmith2010 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    There is no reason for yesterday to ruin today! You will do great if you just keep in mind your goals and what you're working towards. Think about it, if you continue like you did last night, then all those weeks/months/whatever that you've worked hard, have gone to waste. THEN..when you finally get tired of it again, you've got even more of a problem.

Be proud of where you are and what you're doing, it's amazing! Enjoy your healthy decisions today and bask in the glory of success!
  • SweetLe
    SweetLe Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Brush it off...be proud that you logged it all in.
    Today is a new day...you got this girl! :flowerforyou:
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    if you read whats REALLY in mcdonalds and all fast food you wouldnt even want to binge! stay strong today you got this!!!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day.Don`t sabatoge all that` you`ve done for a binge that can go on and on.Love your attitude.You get up and get back on that horse.You can do it!
    jane
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Good job on not letting yesterday dictate your choices for today.

If you want to dig deeper, can you think through your choices last night (not for our benefit, but for your own) and see why you didn't stick to your initial plan. I'm a big believer in having food that's not normally a part of my healthy selections when I want it. Working it into the calorie plan is all it takes. But if those foods became triggers for less wise choices I'd have to reconsider how to deal with them.

Have a great day.
  • jeninne
    jeninne Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Ok- so you binged. You now know how that feels and probably don't want to go back there. Explore how many calories and sodium are in fast food, then drive on by next time- do not even glance in their direction :wink: I find that I have to plan, plan, plan the best I can my food for tomorrow and today so I won't allow myself to get hungry enough to even stop at BK on my way home from work. I carry almonds and other snacks with me just in case. This is a lifetime journey- we sometimes cross over speed bumps...chin up- you admitted this to yourself and others- huge!!
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    It happens, but what a great attitude to have! That would be the point where a lot of people would just give up.
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I have also had great intentions when getting fast food. I end up over doing too. They make it way too easy with the two for one deals and such. Oh well on to a new day.
  • jangeliz
    jangeliz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Don't let a "fender bender" turn into a "train wreck!" Just get back on eating right today.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    So what! IF that is your only "blow it" for the month, it averages out to 33 calories per day. Over a month time, that's perfectly acceptable (meaning it's not going to completely derail you unless you let it). Take it as a lesson learned - if you crave Mc Donalds again, go through the drive thru and only order what you planned on getting. :wink:
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    That's the beauty of the food diary- I used to think: not only did I blow that day, but had UNdone the previous week...and with that, depression kicks in and my mind starts thinking...might as well keep going.....
    HOORAY FOR LOGGING IT, OWNING UP TO IT, AND FOR HAVING THE STRENGTH TO START ANEW....
    No one is going to throw stones at you- we're all here to cheer each other on

CONGRATS and KEEP IT UP....
  • NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I am NOT going to tell you it is ALRIGHT. I am NOT going to stroke you, because I feel if you are serious about losing weight, or getting healthy you need to LEARN and you need to be informed...this was a big SCREW UP, and I think you know it and are looking for justification and looking for people to tell you that it is okay to do, it isn't.- but really it isn't....however, having one binge meal won't ruin you...That being said...and for interest of you LEARNING from it...

ask yourself this...if you KNEW you only had a certain amount of calories left, why did you order a Big Mac, a large fry, chicken nuggets, a filet of fish and a hot fudge sundae? 1800 calories? What put you there?

And if McDonalds is a trigger to binge eat--why do you go there? Learn to stay away from triggers and you will have less of a chance at going on a full out binge.

Stop looking for justification for screw ups...learn from them.
  • rosalieharris
    rosalieharris Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Girl, you got this! One slip up...we all have them...keep on, keeping on!